chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be 25 prizes in all:

Grand Prize: 1-ounce of Klamath River Gold
Four ¼-ounce Bags of Klamath River Gold
Twenty 1-Pennyweight Bags of Klamath River Gold

We need to replenish our legal defense fund to keep up with the cost of defending small-scale miners on multiple fronts. Therefore, Dave McCracken and Richard Krimm are allowing three ounces of the gold they are mining this season to be used as prizes in this fund-raiser!

The drawing will take place just before the close of business (5 PM) at our headquarters in Happy Camp on Friday evening, 8 November 2013. You do not need to be a member of our organization to participate. Though you are welcome to be at the drawing, you do not need to be present to win.

Our office will automatically generate a ticket in your name for every $10 legal contribution we receive ($100 would generate 10 tickets, etc). There is no limit to the size or frequency of your contributions, or to the number of prizes you can win.

Legal contributions can be arranged by calling (530) 493-2012, by mailing to The New 49′€™ers Legal Fund, P.O. Box 47, Happy Camp, CA 96039, or online by clicking » Make a Donation to The New 49er Legal Fund

Upvote 0

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go get 'em

I can't afford to join the club, but will certainly help with a couple bucks for the cause. Go get 'em!

OP
OP
chupacabra

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we receive 100 more legal-fund contributions
between now and the close of business in California this coming
Friday afternoon (8 November):

1) We will commit to a whole new legal fund-raiser with 3 ounces
of American Gold Eagles (15 prizes) and 10 American Silver Eagles
(10 ounces) with a drawing date of 31 January.

2) We will enter into negotiations with the mining associations in
Oregon to help finance a legal challenge to the new suction dredge
moratorium that was recently passed into law up there.

We are giving away 3 ounces of mostly gold nuggets at the close of
business this Friday. Three more days to go. Lets please make it
count! You can find out more right here:

» Klamath River Gold! ? Legal Fund-raiser

Thanks for whatever you can do!

Dave Mack
The New 49ers Legal Fund

The New 49er's, 27 Davis Road, Happy Camp, California 96039, USA

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a few 'New 49er' members have joined the forum. I support those fighting for our rights but have a hard time giving money to the very entity that brought this upon us miners. I'll send my money elsewhere.

FlatPack

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If not the New 49er's it would have been somebody else

Looks like a few 'New 49er' members have joined the forum. I support those fighting for our rights but have a hard time giving money to the very entity that brought this upon us miners. I'll send my money elsewhere.

As much as you might like to focus on one organization as the "source" of the problem... you need to look farther at the enviro groups and their lacky politicians and place the blame properly there. The New 49er's were just mining and using their rights under the Mining Act.

I remember playing cards once in the army, all but one of us had put a dollar into the pot. There was some minor disagreement, and the fellow who hadn't contributed snatched a dollar out of the pot and called it quits, causing the game to break up. Everybody snatched their money back out of the pot and I ended up odd man out. I had been the only guy to contribute a susy-b anthony coin though... and my tank driver had snatched that. I wanted "my" coin back... and before you know it I was rolling on the ground fighting with my buddy over that damn coin. Got my ass handed to me. Thing is, my driver AND me should have been beating on the guy that snatched the first dollar out of the pot, not fighting each other.

The New 49er's didn't "cause" this. The environutz and their knob-slobbering politicians are causing the problem that is keeping us out of the water. If it was just the New 49er's as the cause it wouldn't have spread to Oregon/Idaho... etc. It's the Sierra Club and their lackies. They don't want any miners in the National Forests or on the rivers. We're raping Mother Earth don't you know!

Focus on the root cause... not other miners that are fighting for our rights.

OP
OP
chupacabra

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a member of any club or organization except for 1 and that is AMRA "American mining rights" they are a small local club ( based out of Groveland ca ) and all donation payments made to them go to PLP, that club include about 8 claims available to full members.

That being said, I agree 100% with flatpack, the new 49ers has a huge membership to feed places to mine and they've done absolutely nothing illegal or wrong in my view other then exercise there rights as claim holders and as an organization, just like the GPAA and LDMA groups they need a lot of territory for all the members to mine.

This fights has turned political because politicians are rubbing the back side of the sue happy environmental groups who gain monetarily and get there agenda's met by shutting us and other entity's down, not just us but water for our farms, logging for wood, etc. etc. its not just us prospectors and miners who fight to keep whats is rightfully ours to use BY LAW.

With or with out the new 49ers this all would have happened eventually its been going this direction for a long time coming, little by little but mostly now that the environazi groups have so much power, government is giving in and taking away from the rest of us, and it will continue until we make a strong stand and stick together and that means we need to spend money on lawyers who can fight this is court, next year in may this all goes to federal court, and I believe we have anotehr case going to appeals court this month or some time soon and they need funds for that also. Dont get caught up in the BLAME GAME get caught up helping.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a member but the only way to win is political or in court. Plus its a chance at some nice Gold...

daves-gold-2013.jpg

Legal contributions can be arranged by calling (530) 493-2012,
or online by clicking Here. » Make a Donation to The New 49er Legal Fund

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spillercanyon- For the life of me I can't figure out the reasoning behind your statement. I don't want to lead this thread astray, so maybe you could start your own thread and make a case for your statement/position. I'm not affiliated with the club, nor do I know the two gentleman listed. I have also not heard of any wrongdoing or bad press on their part. Not sure what purpose badmouthing ANY organization that fights for our rights and the preservation of our liberties serves. The only thing that really matters is that we all join in the fight and do what we're able. I may never again be physically able to dredge, I probably won't be prospecting up near the Klamath either. But I will support them and I will send them money just like I do other organizations fighting for miners rights or any other rights we citizens are losing. I do this because I understand that if we are to be successfull we have to fight from several different fronts as a united group. We don't need panners against dredgers, or sluicers against crack hounds, or detectorists against everybody we need miners together against whatever is threatening us all.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Chubacabra is not a member just passing on the information. Many people blame the 49ers for picking a fight they could not win, and it goes without saying that none of us are happy about losing the ability to legally mine underwater. Dave Mack is a my way or the highway type A personality, former Navy Seal, and has rubbed many the wrong way. But he has consistiently been in the fight, and put his money and his gold where is mouth is..... Their are certainly strong feelings regarding his actions on both sides.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser is a perfect example of how strong the feelings are on both sides of the arguement. The Dave Mack fans are just as passionate.

:skullflag: I'd rather masticate fesces and expire than associate with the cancer from the klamath :censored:

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't want to take this thread on a tangent so I will speak my piece and be on my way. Extremists are destroying this country, environmentalists are needed (we shouldn't be able to pour hazardous waste down a creek) but it's the extremists that take the environmental issue to the nth degree and grinds everything to a stop. The New 49'ers are the mining extremists that were unwilling to work out their issues and pushed every aspect of their rights to the extreme. Two extremists groups butting heads and the rest of us in the fallout. This is how everything works today, the extremists push their agendas and pull the other 98% of us along for the ride. I fully back those fighting for our rights to mine but I feel I can get more bang for my buck and be better represented by groups other than the New 49'ers.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:skullflag: I'd rather masticate fesces and expire than associate with the cancer from the klamath :censored:

I was gonna comment on your post John, but would I rather be quiet and allow you to enjoy your meal in peace. :laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
What money I can donate has been going to PLP, and future donations to Brandon Rhineharts preemption case in the appeals court

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I respect everyone's opinions, I've never met the man so I don't have one. I just hate to see in fighting, its counter productive and a total waste of time and energy. We need every ally we can muster.

I totally agree with the two mentioned above and would also add Defend Rural America, the direction he is going with Fed jurisdiction I hope and believe will help us all not just us miners.

OP
OP
chupacabra

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is an appeal for donations its not open for negative comments from anyone, i'll ask that the board handlers please remove the negative hater, you can can start your own thread if you like, i'll be happy to join you there but this is a request thread for funds, we need a lot of $$$$ to keep this fight going and we don't need to bicker about it, we need to raise funds

Thanks

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"its not open for negative comments from anyone", Really??? You complain about rights being taken away but you feel free to take them away??? Since when is it not o.k. to have a differing opinion???

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I stopped posting and reading anything on TNet, I pretty much had enough of all the bad mouthing and bickering on these threads. I slowly have been getting back into it and I really enjoy reading and seeing what everyone else is saying and doing in the mining world. I have to also say that the enviro nut cases that everyone here so hates and are fighting against are reading these threads just as you and me and there laughing there "ASSES OFF" because of the trash talking, name calling, blame game, people who can't seem to pull there heads out and see the harm they are doing. As stated above, either say something good and donate, volunteer your time or give some money to the cause and if you don't have anything good to say then "SHUT THE HELL UP".

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I donate a penny of my hard earned money to any club I try and learn about who I am giving to.Now seems to me that a few respected members of this site are against the 49er club and a few 49er club supporters are trying to silence them before they screw up their chance at earning others support.Let the facts speak for themselves.Positive or negative I want to hear both sides then I will decide who I will donate too.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the trash talking, name calling, blame game

Isn't that what us guy miners do anyways to pass the time. Lol

I'll be sending a couple bucks. Just hope I get some gold. I'm not a 49er and probably won't get into Cali. But if it'll help out my fellow man. Then I'm in.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that pissing and moaning about a pay to mine group, is counterproductive.I am not a 49er member but I have had my runs ins with Dave Mac on his board, but the enemy I choose to fight is Izzy Martin and the Sierra Fund, Johnathan Smith and the Ceter for Biodiversity, and any agency that refuses to obey the laws duely passed by the US Congress. PLP, Brandon Rhinehart, a Defend Rural America are on the front lines and are actively engaging our enmenies. They will recieve what I can afford to give. I choose to fight the extreme enviormentalist, not other miners. JMHO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread