Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes sense now. The Gold, Titanium and Platinum are slightly changed Teknetics. The Newer LRP, QDP and LSP are modified Euroteks. Same coil freq. Sharing nothing with former BHs.

FTP will probably bring back plug in connectors to the Greek coils, that will work with all Pro lines.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The Gold, Titanium, Platinum, Fisher F5, the Teknetics "Greek series", the Euroteks, and the newfangled BH's are all variants of a platform we call in-house the "13-bit platform" because of the peculiar A/D it uses to digitize the signals. Products built on this platform run at 7.8 kHz, use 880uH/8.8mH searchcoils, and have some software in common.

I believe that all the searchcoils used on the 13-bit platform are available with both plug-in and screw-on connectors.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Dave. It's nice to know the F5 5" DD will work on the LRP. The manual suggests a 4" #4COILPRO which doesn't appear to be out yet (or cannot locate one). And from your post above, the BH 4" #4COIL doesn't work well because it's not a 8.8mH coil.(assuming). I think the new Pro line being listed 7.69 khz threw us off (as a big difference).

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think there's a 4 inch searchcoil that's "Fratbros compatible", only the 4 incher for the legacy BH series. If I'm wrong about this, I suppose that a dealer will jump in and post a correction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread