The "New" Golden Girls

mbmare5

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "New" Golden Girls

Ok, so am going to see my sister in Key biscayne and decided we should do something fun while I visit. I bought a discriminator II and had it delivered to her house, we are 50 and 53, she is much older, lol. just a couple questions if ya can help. first of all can I bring the detector back home on the plane or do I have to check it? and it requires 2 9 volt batteries so do I need to carry extras with me or do they last for awhile? and any tips I would really appreciate. Just fyi I bought ear phones and am bringing a shovel and strainer am obviously new to this. Thanks for any help and will post as soon as I get back with our big findings. Thanks for any help. Mare P.S. Am leaving January 15th 2012

Rusty_Rudder

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: The "New" Golden Girls

Sounds like you are off to a great adventure. I suggest calling the airlines directly with your question. You could send it back Ups or other carrier to avoid any hassle.

I'm looking forward to the treasure hunt stories. I wish you great success.

RR.

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250

I always take my detectors with me on the plane. The cargo handlers like to throw stuff and stack way to much on top. I just disassemble my detectors and fit them in a carry on. Make sure you pack your digger in your carry on if it is a standard digger. Batteries? I would say you would be better off with spares. Good Luck.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MG_127.gif