Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2
Well I think I have graduated pass the first learning curve after only about a week of using the Explorer SE. :thumbsup: I took it out Friday morning to one of my favorite soccer fields. I was fully intending to see major crowds on the fields with it being low 70s and cloudless skies on a Holiday weekend. Imagine my delight when I pull in to see every field completely empty! Then I saw the reason why. There are signs posted all fields are closed due to maintenance. They are aerating the fields. YES!!! This place is incredibly large. It has 36 full size fields with additional picnic areas I could hit it every day for years and not cover it all. I grab the SE and start finding coins right away. I notice the ground is very stable and fairly clean of trash so I think to myself do I dare try to go to the large 10" slimline coil? I have been running the 5.5" Sunray coil. Great coil for beginners and hitting trashy areas; you can hit every target without the need to pinpoint. With so much ground to cover I decided to switch to the large coil. It took me a few minutes to adjust to the large coil. I immediately started getting multiple hits per swing with the larger coil, but soon learned to "listen" for the good tones and ignore the trash. Pinpointing as a little tough even using the pinpoint button I kept missing the target by about 1 coil width. Then I remembered something I read by the "Sandman" I think he called it the Minelab wiggle? Anyway you back off the target until it registers with the the very front or rear of the coil. BAM! Dead on target every time! Sandman YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for the great advice. I ended up with about $6.20 in change for fours hours of hunting. No jewelry >:(
I did find a Sacagawea dollar coin and a 1950 wheat.

HH Everyone!
Frank

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome!! So glad you are getting it figured out so quickly! Sandman is definitely a wealth of information! Can't wait to see more of your finds as you go! Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions