The "New" Thrift Store Forum. Did You Know?

Did You Know?

• yes

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • no

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , But I always forget its there.
Maybe it should have been a sub-forum under garage sales.
Not even sure we really needed a separate forum for thrift stores.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, forum stays...

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, forum stays...
Okay and? I am very well aware of the position on this, be it yours or those you answer you. It doesn't matter and doesn't pertain to this thread, if you read my original post.

This is more for the those who don't know there is a thrift store forum. I figured by posting this thread, the ones that don't know, will now. It's not like you or any other moderator started a thread here- Website News to let members know that we have a new forum page.

It seems a little self promotion should have been in order. Instead we already have 50% of those who responded that didn't know and it's been up for how long? Going on 3 months now. Those numbers are skewed too because I am one of the ones that answered yes, as I am sure you were too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggum, my reply was to mjlalt post..

Yes , But I always forget its there.
Maybe it should have been a sub-forum under garage sales.
Not even sure we really needed a separate forum for thrift stores.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
No I did not know, but I do not check here as often as I once did either...lol
Morning sales, brunch break, thrifts in the afternoon, all part of the same Saturday...
I do wish it was connected, sub-group or however, as it all relays great information...

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it to post about "pawn shop" buys.............I voted incorrectly............please change, if possible to "yes".

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it to post about "pawn shop" buys.............I voted incorrectly............please change, if possible to "yes".

Lol, maybe you should wait for the separate pawn shop forum for that. The number of separate forums that could be made is almost endless.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's fine, my apologies for sounding too sharp or snippy. I know we've discussed this before somewhat.
I wasn't offended, I thought maybe you thought my post was directed at you, it wasn't. ..

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been here very long but I haven't had a problem navigating any part of this forum. I am not as computer literate as I should be {so my boys tell me}. I enjoy every sub forum and have lots of fun looking around. Thanks for a good experience.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know there was a forum, but i don't know why there's a poll to find who doesn't. Is there something at stake that requires higher awareness of the forum?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know there was a forum, but i don't know why there's a poll to find who doesn't. Is there something at stake that requires higher awareness of the forum?
Uh, no. I was just wondering how many people actually know there is a thrift store forum since it's inception at the end of March, that's all. I still see threads here with thrift store finds and was wondering if everyone knew. Perhaps a "poll" wasn't needed but I felt it gave some the opportunity to respond anonymously in case they didn't want to respond by posting. That and I'm just plain nosey, how's that for ya?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have said it before and I will say it again:

I cannot comprehend why "ebay" and "dumpster diving" is a subforum under garage sales but "thrift stores" gets its own forum?

The logic behind this current categorization is impossible to understand...

1. Ebay should really have its own forum, period.
2. Garage sales should really be changed to "picking" or "steals and deals" (etc) and be merged with thrift stores. We DO NOT need a separate forum or subforum for thrift stores, pawn shops, antique stores, auctions, flea markets, etc.
3. I don't know what to do with dumpster diving. Perhaps it also needs its own forum or it could be moved under "scrap metal".

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely agree because the people who take the time to start original posts are really adding value to the board. The less people who look at the board the less feedback the original post receives. The slower the board moves the more likely it is that people will start posting their finds on other faster moving boards.

I have said it before and I will say it again:

I cannot comprehend why "ebay" and "dumpster diving" is a subforum under garage sales but "thrift stores" gets its own forum?

The logic behind this current categorization is impossible to understand...

1. Ebay should really have its own forum, period.
2. Garage sales should really be changed to "picking" or "steals and deals" (etc) and be merged with thrift stores. We DO NOT need a separate forum or subforum for thrift stores, pawn shops, antique stores, auctions, flea markets, etc.
3. I don't know what to do with dumpster diving. Perhaps it also needs its own forum or it could be moved under "scrap metal".

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, never knew. Thanks for solving a very minor problem. Went garage sailing last saturday. and stopped at a thrift store and got something real nice. Now i know where to post about it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet organizes and catalogs by forums and sub-forums, it makes it easier when someone wants to search for groups of threads by subject just like in a library.

It makes it easier for new members to find forum topics, we average over 800 new members a month, forum titles need to be easily recognized by their titles for new members to be able to find.

If members can find garage sale forum they can find thrift store forum...

Mods move threads posted in the wrong forums all the time.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureNet organizes and catalogs by forums and sub-forums, it makes it easier when someone wants to search for groups of threads by subject just like in a library.

It makes it easier for new members to find forum topics, we average over 800 new members a month, forum titles need to be easily recognized by their titles for new members to be able to find.

If members can find garage sale forum they can find thrift store forum...

Mods move threads posted in the wrong forums all the time.

That is basically a "canned response". It does not take into consideration the numerous complaints that the regular posters who use these forums daily have been making.

AGAIN...
1. The way the forums are currently organized do not make a lick of sense.
2. Diggum was pointing out that in addition to the thrift stores forum being improperly organized, it was also not advertised and clearly most of the regular posters here did not even know it existed.
3. I had brought this up months ago when I first noticed the TS section but for some reason, my thread was deleted.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is basically a "canned response". It does not take into consideration the numerous complaints that the regular posters who use these forums daily have been making.

AGAIN...
1. The way the forums are currently organized do not make a lick of sense.
2. Diggum was pointing out that in addition to the thrift stores forum being improperly organized, it was also not advertised and clearly most of the regular posters here did not even know it existed.
3. I had brought this up months ago when I first noticed the TS section but for some reason, my thread was deleted.

My reply was not "canned", it is a mods reply. Your post you speak of that was delete was deleted because it was an attack on a forum.

Thrift Store forum is not improperly organized, it is a sub forum of the Treasure Hunting Forum just as the Garbage Sale forum is sub forum of Treasure Hunting Forum....

The "numerous complaints" you speak of are from the same few members...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread