The NOX 900 is getting better and better!

NevadaDave

Jun 19, 2012
Henderson, NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III, IV, V, AT-4, Scorpion, ACE 250 and AT-Pro. Tesoro Bandito II U-max, Lobo ST, and Cortes. Fisher 1266, F2, F75, and Gold Bug Pro. Whites Coinmaster, GMT, MXT and Prizm 4. (and a f
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting Utahā€˜s capitol for a few days. Always love coming here because of cooler weather and older areas for detecting. Perfect for getting more experience with the 900. Pictured is three days of finds. I know that there are lots of fellow detectorists in this city, so I am gratified by what I found, because finding virgin ground is difficult. The 900 was ringing out, loud and clear for the three wheaties, down to 6-7ā€. While the soil wasnā€™t as dry as in the Las Vegas area, it is still on the dryer side. One of the things I really love about this detector, compared with the 800 is its pinpointing. I seldom use the pinpointing function, but rely on just criss-crossing the target with the coil. It is very accurate.
Although I didnā€™t expect to find silver coins, seeing the depth of the wheaties gave me hope. But no success; I had to be satisfied with this nice silver ring. I am very curious about the ā€œblobā€ of metal behind it. When I first dug it, I thought it was a glob of lead and I almost threw it away. After washing it off a bit, I see yellow showing thru. Now, Iā€™m wondering if it might beā€¦please!ā€¦a piece of melted gold. Itā€™s not brass or copper, but very heavy. Iā€™ll have to test it when I get back home.
Anyway, the 900 is a keeper!

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting Utahā€˜s capitol for a few days. Always love coming here because of cooler weather and older areas for detecting. Perfect for getting more experience with the 900. Pictured is three days of finds. I know that there are lots of fellow detectorists in this city, so I am gratified by what I found, because finding virgin ground is difficult. The 900 was ringing out, loud and clear for the three wheaties, down to 6-7ā€. While the soil wasnā€™t as dry as in the Las Vegas area, it is still on the dryer side. One of the things I really love about this detector, compared with the 800 is its pinpointing. I seldom use the pinpointing function, but rely on just criss-crossing the target with the coil. It is very accurate.
Although I didnā€™t expect to find silver coins, seeing the depth of the wheaties gave me hope. But no success; I had to be satisfied with this nice silver ring. I am very curious about the ā€œblobā€ of metal behind it. When I first dug it, I thought it was a glob of lead and I almost threw it away. After washing it off a bit, I see yellow showing thru. Now, Iā€™m wondering if it might beā€¦please!ā€¦a piece of melted gold. Itā€™s not brass or copper, but very heavy. Iā€™ll have to test it when I get back home.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great haul - congrats !
There's no better way to learn a new machine than spending as much time in the field as possible.
Continued good luck with your NOX 900 !

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going glad you are getting your machine better under standing to you :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread