Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it can't really be done. It's been raining cats and dogs. I had to go out fairly early. Made my first stop, now there are places around here that had 2" of ice built up from the storms this week. I was walking by one of the almost melted slabs of ice, the grass is peeking through. I look down, look down again. And pick up a gold colored ring. Huh? Well, it's marked 14k.

I made it to the first store, bought a couple things and left. An hour later, went to the grocery to pick up some stuff. I was in this one aisle, no one else in it, and there lay a $10 bill. I picked it up. Good grief! Thank you God!

At the register, after I pay the guy I notice two halves in the drawer. They are two 40% ers. Can it get any weirder?

So I decided to drop by my one permission. I have the good shoes on. I wanted to check the field out for erosion, ice depth, etc. I just walk over to the side and there is a button lying on the top of a little mound of dirt. Button? Well, it's a Confederate school button, I have to look to see which one. I think I already have one of these, but will look in a bit.

So by now my head is spinning.

I finally get home and decide to try a spot in the woods I'd found some horseshoes in and some nails and a couple tombac buttons. Found another horseshoe, a tombac button, a silver thimble in great shape and a colonial shoe buckle.

Who could have ever thought? As long as a meteor doesn't land in the lawn, I'll be ok. I just got done, so will post the pics soon. Good grief. Soon has arrived, tombac still in the car and I'm not going back out but here you go.

View attachment IMG_0711.jpg View attachment IMG_0715.jpg View attachment IMG_0712.jpg View attachment IMG_0709.jpg View attachment IMG_0710.jpg View attachment IMG_0713.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 53

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Wow! Did you manage to play any lottery? Horses? I doubt you would have lost!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but i'm expecting a meteorite to land in my lawn?

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love that buckle.
Congrats on the Gold too.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button is a Norfolk Military Academy Confederate. No shank, but I'll take it. Thanks all. Gold...this is the 2nd gold wedding ring I have found on top of the ground in my life. The first one, mentioned in a long forgotten post here, was probably mid 1980's. I gave it back to the owner.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Looks like you had a lucky day my friend. Hope your luck continues!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you sit on a horse shoe?

Very nice results from the day, congrats.

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! Those are all great finds, but I like the buckle the most! To find it intact like that is outstanding, and you did a fantastic job cleaning and restoring it.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It needed little cleaning. I'll scrub the button a little, see if there's any gold under it. Thanks all.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Hunt spanning 100's of years, congratulations! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone with their eyes closed would have missed each one of your treasures.

Keep your peepers peeled!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This finished off one of the worst two days of my life. My son in law did not wake up Friday morning. Daughter called 911 and neither the EMS folks or police could rouse him. They took him to the ER and then to ICU where he still is. He was almost dead. By a true Act of God and a lot of prayer, he is starting to come around now, may be in the hospital a week or two and need some therapy. He had a sore that gave him a strep infection in his blood, and he was almost gone. I think today's finds were God's way of letting me know it was going to be fine.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some day i will have a buckle just like yours! Let me know where you live and when you won't be home. Grins...Nice finds!:thumbsup:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers to your family Smokey. Scary. Lots of people visiting the hospital in my life too.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off prayers for your son in law, secondly how insane of a hunt day!?!? You really shoul have bought a lottery ticket :icon_thumleft:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...that is one whipsaw of a day. Congrats on your finds, (they were meant to be) and prayers for your son-in-law that he recovers fully and will be doing well soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread