OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Maipenrai, Good post, but it is in the side yard. The house is built on one lot of a double lot. The cache is on the far side of the other lot. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 271

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get the effin coins already,Damn!!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I will get around to it some day, if I live long enough. Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 240

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to get the property owner and search with a detector and tell the owner that you are looking for coins that you bury as a kid. Best of luck.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Frank, why did you even bring up this subject, if "I will get around to it someday"? If your not interested in your own cache, why do you think we should be interested?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Oh, I am interested. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. As you might guess, I am a bit of a procrastinator. But with over a hundred posts, I would say someone is interested. Frank

Attachments

30.7 KB · Views: 210

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I am interested. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. As you might guess, I am a bit of a procrastinator. But with over a hundred posts, I would say someone is interested. Frank
And a slow mover.

catbird

Oct 18, 2008
raleigh
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
seems to me that frank has a child hood cache that he had buried when he was ten. he wants to know the best way to retrieve his cache. he lives only 30 miles away. the cache is roughly worth 30 times the value of the coins he buried. i recollect he buried 13 silver dollars from what he claimed. his cache today would be worth about $390 or more depending what grade are the coins. i believe that if i knew the coins where maybe still there, i would would not wait any longer to try and retrieve these coins. ive metal detected further away for a lot less.......and still am glad of what i found.......if i were frank, this is what i would do. go meet the home owner, tell him the true story of what you buried as a child of ten. tell when you moved, you had forgotten about the coin cache and now you would like to retrieve the cache. tell him you will only search the area where the coins were buried , and if found, offer him 3 of the coins of your choice for giving the chance of finding the cache... this is a great way of maybe making a friend.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread