OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
When I was going to the U of MD I use to date a good looking redhead from Wheaton. Wonder what happened to her? hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for letting me be post #100! :laughing9:

I do follow other cache threads- Frankn's and others - enjoy them all.

Enjoy the day, fellow hunters!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Crazyfish, That was back around the '60s and my house burned in '99 so i lost all previous pictures. such is life!

Maipenrai, Maybe she got old and dyed,her hair! lol She looked a little like Shirley Mc Clain in her younger days. hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AC 1955, Just wanted to let you know the post numbers are not perminant, they change. You got post #99 hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't read any ofthe other posts, But you know as the original owner and the person that placedthe items there they are still yours..you have rights above the landowner inregards to treasure in Ohio and most other states …going back to earlier Englishlaws that we still use. I would just show up and gracefully tell the man/womanyou are there to retrieve your treasure.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Curtis, I have read many cases where the orginal owner was awarded the cache, or the insurance co that paid off on it. I think you are right.

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AC, Now I got the #100, and I wasnt even trying! I better buy a lottery ticket today! I might even now think about trying for the big one, #1000!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me the address. I will keep a look out for you. lol

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what i would do,Walk up to the land owner and tell him "As a child i BLAH BLAH BLAH" Here is fifty bucks,Care if i go look for it?

In this great nation money talks,B/S Walks. Nine times out of ten,Most ppl wouldnt take 50 bucks from an old man looking for a childhood memory without feeling bad in the first place.

HH John

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would talk to the current land owner and tell him the truth, just not all of it. "Hi, My name is so and so and I used to live here as a boy" "When I was ten years old I buried my piggy bank in the yard, now all these years later I would like to see if I can find it, with your permission" I would not mention 13 silver dollars but would be sure to point out to them that you were ten.

Me, as a land owner - if someone told me that story i would say "go for it" as I would know it is not my money to begin with. It depends on what type of person the current owner is. Unless hey are greedy, they more then likely will let you reclaim your property. This is a lot different then you being on the trail of someone else's cache.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If I go back for it, it is about 10' max from the public sidewalk and I remember within 3' where the exact spot is plus the house is about 150' away from the spot so it will be a quick detect and grab event. It was only a couple of inches down. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 153

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you go to the conveinence store, the cash register is only about ten feet from the sidewalk. Do you remember where they put the money you gave them? The cops are pretty far away. Sounds like a quick grab event. The drawer might be full. BDD P.S. Get my point? Why did you ask for advice?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bigdogdad, The big difference is I hid the cache and got nothing in return unlike a store purchase. I do believe your comparison is a bit off.
Why did I post this thread you ask? It might be I enjoy some of the quirky answers , Thank you. lol Frank

Attachments

• rooster 700.jpg
    rooster 700.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 93

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Have you tried contacting the owners? You can do it without them knowing who you are and then you have nothing to lose. Find out their name and then get their phone number from information. Call them from a pay phone and tell them enough to see if they are interested. Just do it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bigdogdad, I could detect it, remove the cache if still there, neat it up and be gone in less than 3 minutes. Less time than it would take to contact them and stir things up. As I recall, it was 13 peace silver dollars in a black silk change purse that my mother gave to me. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 111

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What are you waiting for? If you feel justified in the fact that you think it technically still belongs to you, go get it.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the OFFER thread seems to be dead, are you starting a new one, to see how long it will go? If you feel that you can and should grab and run, then do it, and not listen to anyone here. You already know what you are going to do, but then please post photos of your cache.

I doubt if you need to call from a pay phone, or pay a hit man or any of these extreme measures. But as I remember, you are not one for face to face talking. Just remember, if you do a night raid, you might be pretty embarrassed if you get caught, might even make the 6 o'clock news! "Old man tackled in front yard, as he recovers his coin purse that his mommy gave him".

Just tell the owner that you buried some coins when you were a kid, and wondered if they were still there. How much simpler can it be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread