JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 100 year old home down the street became vacant this week and I got permission to detect it. So far I have done the front and side yards but have been disappointed with my finds as yet. The all clad total stands at 33 memorials, 2 nickles, 4 dimes, 2 quarters, 3 matchbox cars, a small religious pin, a key, and few other items. The yard has a couple of problems: the house was aluminum sided some years ago and the yard is full of small pieces of siding + the yard was covered with turf several years ago which added about 4"s before you get to the original soil level. I still have high hopes for the large back yard which I will work on during the coming days.

PS: My best find for the week was a 1944 Merc & 1955 Wheat that I found in my store's cash register this week ... oh well, take'm any way you can gettem.

Attachments

• Nov232007finds.jpg
    Nov232007finds.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 432
  • crosspin.jpg
    crosspin.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Mercinchange.jpg
    Mercinchange.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
keep at it Jim there may be some oldies hidden under all that aluminum debris, maybe use a smaller coil, or hunter smaller areas gridding and hunt slowly. keep us posted
hh
dave+bobbie

digmichigan

Oct 23, 2007
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
I love those mercs. I'm a big sucker for those worthless cars too.

I bet there's some more goodies just waiting for you to find them

good luck

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the siding pieces and extra dirt makes it rough for sure ! hope you have better luck in the back yard ! congrats on the finds and goodluck in the backyard ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread