Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Old Lady In The Hill

So I went back to my new property today where I found the eagle breast plate and canister shot yesterday. I'm still getting used to the layout of this place and how much property the lady actually owns. It's gotta be 80 acres or more-- flat meadows near a waterway, big giant hills, a really pretty place. I started far away from where I found the finds yesterday and worked a creek bed first. Not finding anything there, I climbed the big big hill to the side of it and getting to the top, I realized it was a large meadow as well with a single tree in the middle of it. I took in the scenery around me and thought to myself, "This is a great spot for a house, I wonder if there ever was one here."

As I approached the tree, about ten feet away from it, I got my first good signal. It wasn't very loud but it had the right high tone to possibly be a deep coin. As I got down to about 10 inches, and carefully working around the target with my Lesche, out popped a green disk. It's pretty worn, but as I ran a little water over it, I recognized the cap bust of a very old large cent. Holy crap, I just found a 1700's large cent! Cleaning a little more I was pleased to see that the date was still quite legible--1795. Nice! I haven't pulled one of these for several years. It was very strange that just like yesterday, my first good signal was spectacular in each case, and then very little afterwards.

The big flat button actually came a few feet away in what turned out to be trash pit area. It was at first a multiple broken up big iron tone. As I got deeper and deeper I started seeing bits of crockery, China, and brick coming out. Wow, I need to come back and sift this spot. Anyway, after I found the large iron peace about a foot and a half down (don't know what it was but left it for now), I started scanning the hole walls with my pin pointer and got a great tone. That's when the large flat button popped out. I dug out the walls some more, but no more good signals right off.

After combing over the hill a good bit, I did manage to find some other nice flat buttons, and a couple of what's it's. Also, right near the tree, I got a very loud tone. Out pops that nice bird wing, whatever it goes to. What's funny is that I just saw someone's post on here yesterday that had a similar wing in there finds. As soon as I dug this one I thought "What the heck, I found one too???" Crazy....anyone know what it was part of?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Upvote 13

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!
love the big flat button!!

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wing is for a very old antique car, it fits at the top of radiator cap. It had a thermometer in what looks like a pocket watch.

Look up "Boyce winged Moto-Meter"

They were add-ons, not made by the car factory like Ford, Etc, and some had different shaped wings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread