laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "other" member hunt...

Nice to read all of the posts from the encampment hunt - it looks like you all had a wonderful time! While you were all whooping it up down there, Kim (Country Girl) was generous enough (and speedy and organized enough) to host some of us New England folks for a Saturday hunt. We found tons of shotgun shells, small shell casings, iron stuff, tools, etc. I found nails EVERYWHERE (including the overlook from where Country Girl's avatar photo was taken, where nothing was ever built ::)). I also dug two pipes out in the middle of nowhere. ???
It was really great to meet everyone. Girls rule, of course - we outlasted the guys, who went home midday, and Kim and I went back to hunt her house, built in 1870. She was saying she wished she could have seen our faces when we laid eyes on it, so I took the pic below. (think I screwed it up, may be rotated). I was too lazy and tired to take good separate pix of the finds, but here's a "group photo". Also, I'll post one of the bullets on another board, have some questions. Anyway, welcome home everyone, and HH!
Lara

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 372

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: The "other" member hunt...

At least you get to hunt, its freezing up here! have to buy a fur coat for the detector!lol. >:(

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

L,

well congrat on those finds form the
"other" hunt.

Nails are tough.

But it sounds like you all had a good time.

have a good un...........

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

:D Lara: Sounds like a marvelous day! Wish I was there! Super Finds too!!! In your Pic, you seem to have the look of hopeful
anticipation on your face! Good Hunting!

Joe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a great day out with friends! HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great that you yankees got out to hunt! ;) Come on down south any time and enjoy some sunshine with us, an open invitation! ( OOPS! Is my address on my personal information?) Whew, that was a close call! :D All kidding aside, I am lucky to be able to dig almost year around due to milder winters. But you guys and gals up north have so many more oportunities to find really old neat stuff that I envy you! I'll not be finding anything colonial in Indian Territory! ::) Monty

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Lara you are something else! We had a wonderful day. The beach boys just went beach hunting I think dirt was a little tough for them. (just kidding, some did have to go coach hockey and others had differnt plans). Well here's my story and pictures.
Well Groove, I met some of the nicest people I ever met, and have wonderful new friends. The day was absolutely beautiful, a little cool in the morning but warmed up nicely. The color was great with the foliage along the river. One of the foundations was still pretty thick, Cubfan and I were the only ones to venture in but not for long, I came out bleeding from the prickers, but got a neat tiny little bottle, and a squashed bucket. There were 6 of us in all including the 9 year old chatter box that thought every find was a perfect treasure.
What we found was enough junk metal to build a tank, enough bullets to defend our country, enough nails to build a building to house our prisoners, a chain to chain them up with, we can use my bucket to bring the food, and Big Foots toe nail clipppers to keep their nails trimmed. Oh and 50 cents to buy supplies with. Lara found the supply pipes to have water pumped to our prison. I found a socket to a wrench to do repairs with. The cool buckle harness piece we are not sure what we could use it for. Lara should put that on what is it, maybe we can find a use.

We did have a great day and I will post pictures later, did not want to keep you waiting any longer.

We all would like to do it again in the spring so let's do some research and get together again!!!!

Picture of Lara and Tyler ready to hook up the water, the guys finding the perfect spot for the building, some of the view those prisoners will have and a new foliage picture from the look out.

Attachments

• hunt1.JPG
    hunt1.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 313
  • hunt2.JPG
    hunt2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 311
  • hunt3.JPG
    hunt3.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 313
  • hunt4.JPG
    hunt4.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 310

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Monty said:
Great that you yankees got out to hunt! ;) Come on down south any time and enjoy some sunshine with us, an open invitation! ( OOPS! Is my address on my personal information?) Whew, that was a close call! :D All kidding aside, I am lucky to be able to dig almost year around due to milder winters. But you guys and gals up north have so many more oportunities to find really old neat stuff that I envy you! I'll not be finding anything colonial in Indian Territory! ::) Monty
Monty us Yankees do have a short window (by the way Red Sox fan) for digging, so we need to take advantage when we can. Careful we may take you up on that sunshine in a couple weeks when we have to use the jack hammer to dig!! Thanks for looking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pictures & site there.

Thanks for sharing !

Jeff

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Beautiful pics! So glad some more of the TNET group could get together and enjoy each other's company.Small finds seem so much more enjoyable when there is someone to share with.HH

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

What a beautiful site! And it sounds like you guys have all bases covered for the taking of prisoners :)

It's neat to think of so many of the TNet forum out diggin in whatever part of the world they find themselves in. Wow, that would be a fun thing to go for - a world-wide "real time" simultaneous hunt! Tricky when it's winter on the "other side" tho... fall or spring?

Glad to see you all got out MDing and to see the pics. Terrific.

Nan

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All these great detecting stories and hunts are really starting to get depressing.....!!! hahahha Not really! I'm so glad everyone is having such a great time with all these organized hunts no matter where and how big they are! I'm still hanging out here with out power and just waiting for the chance to get out Relic hunting as soon as possible! War... heat and a Melt down as soon as possible!!!! ;) ;) ;)

OP
OP
laralucine

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Seeker said:
All these great detecting stories and hunts are really starting to get depressing.....!!! hahahha Not really! I'm so glad everyone is having such a great time with all these organized hunts no matter where and how big they are! I'm still hanging out here with out power and just waiting for the chance to get out Relic hunting as soon as possible! War... heat and a Melt down as soon as possible!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Seeker,
We're thinking of you, all the pix and news reports sound horrendous - you're still w/o power?!?! Stay warm and safe - the relics will still be there when you get out:)
Lara

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

The Seeker said:
Still no power? Ouch. When do you expect power? Thank goodness for those generators! Hope it is back sooon, GOOD LUCK!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

great stuff! looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW I see it is beautiful there this time of year. I have got to go see that country some time. Glad you guys had a great time.

Burdie

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent pics!!! The girls definitely did outlast the guys I'm ashamed to admit :-\ We had a 1-1.5 hour drive home and wanted to hit a couple lakes/beaches in the area before we got back, so had to head out early.

I enjoyed meeting you all and I loved hearing about the history of "CountryGirl's" house and hometown area! I'm excited about the possibility of getting down there sometime next spring to hunt for native american artifacts and other neat stuff along the river.

Tyler's a very good kid!! I mentioned to CountryGirl in a PM that he reminds me alot of myself when I was his age - you should have seen his eyes light up when we got near the dump by the river and he talked me into climbing down and showed me where he likes to wander - got me remembering the days at age 9 when I would load up the backpack with chips, a sandwich and soda, grab by pellet gun and spend the whole day wandering around in the fields, woods and creeks where I grew up finding all sorts of "treasures."

Those days are long gone, but just being around Tyler got me feeling a little younger again :)

I look forward to getting together either one more time this fall, or for sure next spring somewhere!

Glad to have met all of you!!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Thaks so much folks for all the kind words here, there and PM. All joking aside the day was full of tresures......Tyler (who is my tennants kid but my best little friend every other weekend) and I met some wonderful and interesting people with unbelievable interests and talents, we made some beautiful friends.
Clubfan and tyler disapeared into the dump and I get a walkie talkie call "we found a gardener snake" (he loves aminals) I was very surprised when the two didn't come back with that grille to the old Buick Ty's been trying to con someone into that.
Lara I know you probably need hearing aids or at least reconstructive sugery on the ears, from all ty's chatter. He adored you.
Mr Wizard Ty loved the links of chain you gave him, He has several wild ideas where they came from.
Gary Godzillas toe nail clippers still has him laughing.
I asked Tyler if he would like to go again? Bouncing up and down he said "yea, yea, yea, yea, yea!!!"
When Ty showed up an hour and 15 min early for the hunt with his pirates hat on (that I bought him) I could'nt stop grinning. We went to pick up the coffee and donuts togeher and someone said "that's alot of donuts " Ty responded "we are going hunting!" The puzzled look on her face still has me grinning.

A day I myself will never forget and am still talking about and a day that gave Tyler sweet dreams for a long time.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions