the park

J

JackRussell

I went to the park today and i Found tons of clad filled the martini glass then when i wasn't getting anymore signals i decided to crawl into the half balls that is a jungle gym that comes outa the ground and i found a some more clad... I got a crazy signal? it was all over the chart and around 6" down it ended up being a Ricky craven tide diecast car some of the paint was off and under the paint is a bubbly but i was surprised to see a car that big in the ground...

Attachments

• race car 002.jpg
    race car 002.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
How big is the car? I like finding Hotwheels & Matchbox cars, they remind me of when I was a kid. I had hundreds of them. ;D

OP
OP
J

JackRussell

model size car on the bottom its plastic and says 2000 racing champions

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
2000 would refer to the year of the issue or racing season of that car.? ?Racing Champions is the Manufacturer or Brand of the car.? ?My understanding is that all these cars are made by only a few companies, then some others package them under other brands.? Ertl Matchbox, Hotwheels, Racing Champions, Action Performance, Revell, Winners Circle....? ?Action Performance is one company that does most of the graphics for these cars, I think.? ?

There are 4 basic sizes for the cars I have seen.? ?The largest, 1/18th which is pretty large.? I have some ERTL "American Muscle" cars of that size.? They are like an oversized model car.? Then the 1/24th which would be like the more common plastic models that we used to build as a kid, but cast out of metal.? Chassis, interior, engine.... are plastic.? Body is metal.? ?Then, there is the size of a MatchBox or Hot Wheels (1/64th), I have several different brands of those and often pick them up in bubble packs with a replica plastic hood or other item. And, there are those about the size of a Corgi Toy car. (1/43rd)? ? Sitting on top of a martini glass, It could be the size of the 1/43rd.? Looking again, maybe 1/24th.

I notice on the hood, there seems to be something in addition to the Tide logo. What might that be. Also, what is on the trunk? I ask because I was trying to find something on GOOGLE about the car but am getting a blank. More items like that to ID the better. ?

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Lets not forget the nice amount of clad found.....Great job.... :)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

OP
OP
J

JackRussell

i know sometimes they have a 1 race special ain't job, maybe its one of those cars. The hood says GIVE THE KIDS THE WORLD and the trunk lid says G.T.K.T.W i think its the 1/24 scale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread