The past 3 weeks of bottle finds.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I found a few keepers the last few weeks probing in the river. They are from the 1880's to pre-prohibition time frame.

SANY0146.jpg These are from the 1800's to the turn of the century. The one on the right is a Geo. Norris Detroit Mi.

SANY0150.jpg The bottle on the right is from the 1870's-1800's and the other ones are 1890's to the turn of the century.

SANY0153.jpg The amber ones are pre-prohibition beer bottles and The Nu-Grape pop bottle has a 1920's patent date on it.

SANY0157.jpg I have never seen this Vernors bottle and it dates from 1913 to 1918. Thanks for looking and good luck hunting.

Wolverine.

Last edited:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice old glass! :icon_thumright: Where to start....love the detail on the horseradish jar, that will be a sweet display piece. Like the ink bottle too. :icon_thumright: The Nu Grape is a unique shape and a keeper. In the final group of three, does the brown bottle on the right have an elk on it? Cool old Vernor's bottle. They all look to be in great shape....keep hunting!

And thanks for posting!:whip2: :laughing7:

HH

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK that's it! I coming down to the river to probe bottles with ya!!! Love finding them old bottles! Nice finds!!!! :thumbsup:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From a bottle collector for the last 25 years, those are all keepers!

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in Mi are you? When I was a kid I used to go to an old dump and collect bottles. I have not been there since but I have thought about going back. I have driven by and it looks like it is still there and untouched even though there has been a lot of growth in the area.

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Thanks everyone for the comments. Anne the beer bottle has an elk on it. The bottles reads Green seal select under the elk and it's from the Buckeye brewing company, Toledo Ohio.
Mike just look for my van down by the river. Lol. Kidding aside you need to get out and find some. In the southern part of the state you guys got a chance to find some really old ones.:icon_thumleft:. I have only used my metal detector a couple of times this year because I have been finding so many good bottles.
Thanks cooper1841 and krazyace I would dig the heck out of that dump if you think it has some older bottles.

SANY0160.jpg

Good luck hunting everyone.

Wolverine.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Primo glass MW :headbang: We don't see enough quality bottles, and you have some nice ones! My favorite is the amber in the first pic, what a beaut!

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you have so much going on here to where to begin to praise these beautiful bottles. Very nice finds indeed! :icon_thumright:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bottle recoveries!! All look in fantastic shape :hello2:. I like the Vernors bottle the best

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Thank's Fistfulladirt, Michagander Dan and Brentallica. I found a few more last weekend that I will post soon. FFD the amber beer bottle with the whittle is my favorite and it would of made my year if it would of been embossed. Brentallica the embossing on the bottom of the Veronrs bottle reads- Genuine only when crown cork has the above design in red. Some companies must of been reusing there bottle to sell them as vernors so they made the caps with there logo to make sure you were getting the real vernors.

Wolverine.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread