Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now 1st and foremost, one has to always be aware of the health of the intended person, don't want to cause a heart attack. I was in the Air Force, stationed at Little Rock Air Base in the late 70's. Late one night, beginning of the third shift, I was given the task of going from aircraft to aircraft to record the serial numbers of the UHF radios on each plane. We had roughly 100 C-130s so I had quite the task to do. The only area lit up at night was the center section of the flightline so no matter what, I was going to be using a flashlight. We had about 30 of the new radios in the planes and somehow "they" had lost track of where they were so my job was to record which plane had what.

It was a very boring and dark job as I hurried from plane to plane. In order to get the number of the radio, I had to remove the short ladder that allowed one to climb up into the cockpit and go into the "hell hole." this tight narrow place was called this because of all of the ends of safety wired components inside it. These ends were sharp and tended to cut both you and your uniform if you weren't careful. Anyways, I was near the end of my task in the darkest area when I heard a van drive up and let a crew chief out to prepare the plane for whatever it was needing. I heard the driver tell the man that they would have a power unit out in a little bit and to just wait for it in the plane.

I couldn't help myself as I pulled the ladder back into place and waited for the man to come in. ( I have to say that in hind sight, I truly regret doing this but I did it). As the guy put his foot on the ladder to climb up, I reached through the steps and grabbed his ankle. I then growled very loudly and he was gone! I don't even think that he touched the ground for ten feet as he left the plane. I immediately hurried to the next two planes before the blue lights hurried up to the plane. I calmly walked over and asked one of the security police what was going one. He told me that this guy claimed that a Sasquatch or something tried to eat him. He also figured that the guy just wanted the night off or something and left. I hurried on to the last planes and then walked back to the squadron. I have always wondered about this guy, he knows that something really grabbed his ankle. still funny, at least I thought it was.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was the kid who would invite their friends over just at dark then jump out of the bushes at them. I had to give it up at age 12 or so.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the matter Smokey was your tired of BROKEN NOSES LOL

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I was with the Fire Dept. I swung by my station one night after getting off my part time job in order to pick up my turn out gear and equipment. I was filling in a full shift at another batallion station much closer to my house the following day. I had a truck with a camper shell on the back and I backed up to one of the bay doors in order to load my gear into the back of my truck. As I entered the bay I thought I saw a door leading into the station slowly close. I entered the station to announce myself but found no one in the kitchen, dayroom, bedroom, etc. Strange, very strange. Both trucks were inside the engine room but no personnel. This was also right around Halloween. Well, I went about the business of loading my truck with my gear when I thought I heard something at the front of my truck. It was pitch black outside. I went around to the trucks front end when I saw something that scared the socks off me. Those bums on the C shift had drug one of our rescue dummies under my truck with a monster mask on it as if I had backed over it. It scared me so bad I clutched my chest and literally jumped backwards. I then notice a light and I hear laughter and hear someone say "got it". Those bums were to the left side of my truck videotaping the whole episode. They almost taped a CPR video. After getting my heart rate down I went inside and they were playing this on the TV. It scared me so bad I jumped backwards completely out of the frame. This was one of the worst times I was ever scared. Those bums were laughing hysterically. More funny to them than it was to me.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was with the Fire Dept. I swung by my station one night after getting off my part time job in order to pick up my turn out gear and equipment. I was filling in a full shift at another batallion station much closer to my house the following day. I had a truck with a camper shell on the back and I backed up to one of the bay doors in order to load my gear into the back of my truck. As I entered the bay I thought I saw a door leading into the station slowly close. I entered the station to announce myself but found no one in the kitchen, dayroom, bedroom, etc. Strange, very strange. Both trucks were inside the engine room but no personnel. This was also right around Halloween. Well, I went about the business of loading my truck with my gear when I thought I heard something at the front of my truck. It was pitch black outside. I went around to the trucks front end when I saw something that scared the socks off me. Those bums on the C shift had drug one of our rescue dummies under my truck with a monster mask on it as if I had backed over it. It scared me so bad I clutched my chest and literally jumped backwards. I then notice a light and I hear laughter and hear someone say "got it". Those bums were to the left side of my truck videotaping the whole episode. They almost taped a CPR video. After getting my heart rate down I went inside and they were playing this on the TV. It scared me so bad I jumped backwards completely out of the frame. This was one of the worst times I was ever scared. Those bums were laughing hysterically. More funny to them than it was to me.

there would have been some casualties if they did that to me

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK..... Where's the rest of the story? You know the part where everyone found their boots full of corn starch, or the Vaseline on the toilet seats? Comon where's the rest????

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid, I loved playing jokes or scaring people. One time I attached a furry brown piece of clothing to a fishing line and ran the line into the bathroom near the toilet. The other end going under the door. I patiently waited for my oldest brother to use the bathroom. Once the door was closed, I ran over and grabbed the line. Once I could hear him start to pee, I gave a yank on my end. He screamed like a girl. I often wonder if he also peed all over the seat.
I still hide and scare people when I get the chance.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great story of your life...I love reading every one! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions