The perfect Silver find a day after Christmas.....

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was perfect in the Southeast part of NY State today so I set out for what may possibly be my last hunt of the year. The ground is still soft and we just had two days of steady drizzle. Ideal conditions, from what I learned from fellow TNet members.

Inspired by reading all the threads here on TNet, I set out to find something, anything.... but I was hoping for something that would be meaningful. I thought to myself: "Out of all the things that are possible to discover, I realIy would like locate a Religious Medal." I thought to myself that today would be the day that it's going to happen.

After about four hours of digging nothing even noteworthy, I got my wish.

Set at All Metal Mode, Full Sensitivity, 87 GB, using the large coil (first time in the 6 months) on my AT Pro; I got a loud steady High Signal (81) at 4 inches on the VDI.

I was using a pair of headphones that the Airline gave me to listen to music while on a flight. The beauty of these headphones are that they are individual and you clip them over each ear just like eyeglasses. They are foam padded and they have an extra long wire. The sounds coming out of them were was just right and the tones were much more distinct and consistent with what the VDI indicator was indicating; more so than the headphones that came with the AT Pro (even the waterproof one that I have as well). I couldn't believe it! It was like I had a whole new detector.

I didn't count them yet but I must have pulled at least a dozen dimes, two quarters and a few Stinkin Lincolns out of the ground today. The dates were from 1964 up to 1976. They all rang in the upper 70's and low 80's.

I really believe that this medal was there for me to discover - one day after Christmas.

It's a sign, it's a gift, it's an omen of what is possible when you have Faith. It's the power of positive thinking!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419640088.614700.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419640104.621405.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very nice Christmas find. Congrats.

OP
OP
Eureka!

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just noticed that there is Thirteen Stars surrounding the Mother and Child.

I wonder what the significance of that is; like does it relate to Religion or the Country's Thirteen Original States. Can anyone 'date' this piece? I never seen one like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread