The Pit Mine, the LDM, Kochera and the Nugget of Truth video.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515522049.907880.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515522095.422131.jpg

30 oz in this Apache Junction rock.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess that some people have more luck in Apache Junction than others...I found some bituminous stuff in said area many years ago...At least I believe it was bituminous...It may have been oil bearing...Who can say for certain???It sure was smelly...I had never run into such stuff before...It was in view of Weaver's Needle...

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right deducer - I haven't posted enough to remember that there is a function called ignore that works well - sometimes I'm just having a bad day and see a couple posts that just annoy the heck out of me. Sorry bout that.

No worries. It does take a while to figure out if a poster is legit or just trolling. After a while you notice they just go in circles and you don't learn anything from them. They don't bother with serious thoughts or research, or even getting out into the mountains- they get off on getting a rise out of other posters.

I generally give posters an extended benefit of the doubt, but if I learn nothing new from them after a while, insight or factually, it's off to the ignore list with them.

Trolling was what destroyed the old LDM forum. Thankfully the mods are much more active on this one.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's this Reed's guy, where are the pic's if any.

Thanks Sir. Babymick1

Babymick1 - there are lots of references to John Reed and his and his father's possible knowledge of Waltz's mine floating around on this forum and others. It's too long a story for me to post so if you're interested you'll have to do some digging, but on his supposed last trip to the mine site when he was 12 years old (somewhere in the time frame of 1884) this is the description he gave...

The mine itself was a shaft about 30 to 40 feet deep and about 6 feet across. This last visit they found the mine covered over, and dug it out to get at the gold. Interestingly the gold ore was called placer ore as they would take chunks of it and soak it over night. The next day they could fairly easily break it apart and pick out the gold.
- quote from Thomas Glover's book "Treasure Tales of the Superstitions."

John Reed himself eventually got into contact with the Ely's as well as Bark and Erwin Ruth - and eventually even came out and attempted (maybe) to find the mine site with Clay Worst. Some people claim Reed didn't know anything but was trying to horn in on finding the mine - other suspect he knew more than he was letting on - or even misleading people and used Clay to try to search the mountains so he could go back at a later time on his own and dig out the gold, etc... Nobody really knows.

Anyways - I just thought your picture looked like ore that I would imagine fits the description Reed gave.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Babymick1 - there are lots of references to John Reed and his and his father's possible knowledge of Waltz's mine floating around on this forum and others. It's too long a story for me to post so if you're interested you'll have to do some digging, but on his supposed last trip to the mine site when he was 12 years old (somewhere in the time frame of 1884) this is the description he gave...

- quote from Thomas Glover's book "Treasure Tales of the Superstitions."

John Reed himself eventually got into contact with the Ely's as well as Bark and Erwin Ruth - and eventually even came out and attempted (maybe) to find the mine site with Clay Worst. Some people claim Reed didn't know anything but was trying to horn in on finding the mine - other suspect he knew more than he was letting on - or even misleading people and used Clay to try to search the mountains so he could go back at a later time on his own and dig out the gold, etc... Nobody really knows.

Anyways - I just thought your picture looked like ore that I would imagine fits the description Reed gave.

Thanks Cubfan

I'll check it out,

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a cigar case in Franks future with that ore...

Txtea

Only a inlaided case the same as the other, See I thought the same as Oroblanco, it was made from a big chunk of Waltz's ore. Otherwise it would be a quarts box with some gold in it.

Nice chunk though,

Babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions