The Pondering of KirkPAs Soul

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Re: The Pondering of KirkPA's Soul

KirkPA said:
JR, I do believe that my youthful passion and personality-type can "irritate" some who don't have that same energy and drive for this hobby. I just never thought it proper to post my threads with the usual: "I got out and found this Colonial copper...here it is." That just isn't me, so I had to add some of my own excitement to my threads. It just gave essence to who I really am in REAL life. What you see on the forum is what you would get in reality with me.

I just graduated from nursing school...I just need to pass my boards to become an RN. In reality, I have a kind heart and would never intend to "hurt" anyone. I just like to be totally blunt at times, which could rub off the wrong way.

Stay tuned-in for some more coppas in the future! HH!

Kirk

Good luck on passing the boards, I have the feeling you will pass easily. My brother-in-law got his RN a few years ago and absolutely loves his job. He works in a large hospital on the floor for people with spine and brain injuries. When I was in college studying for finals I would always take breaks to metal detect to clear my mind and let the information sink in. It is a great and relaxing hobby. Again, good luck on the certification, let us know when you can put the RN after your name...Ryan

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250

Kirk, just wanted to tell you stay true to yourself, don't conform to any others ideal image of normalcy because they may feel threatend, left out, or just don't understand the nature of sarcastic humor. You're welcome to post any remarks on my posts that you see fit. I may not articulate my wording as well as you to jokingly respond but sarcasm is just one more service I can offer from time to time. HH

Jeff

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

I just graduated from nursing school...I just need to pass my boards to become an RN. In reality, I have a kind heart and would never intend to "hurt" anyone. I just like to be totally blunt at times, which could rub off the wrong way.

Kirk having been a nurse since 1988 and an RN since 1991, I can tell you the most valuable tool I use every day at work. It is humor. If you don't have it you wont last long in the profession. You have a great sense of humor, it was just hard some times to know when the "just joking" was in fact because you were "just joking" or if was for other reasons. Sadly some people let their feelings get hurt way too easily, shouldn't be the way it is but that is the way it is.

I tried never to offend you, or impede you posts and I still extend my sincere offer that you can post to my posts anytime as long as you don't cross any lines the mods expect ALL of us to follow not just you.

I would offer you good luck wishes with Boards but I have no doubt that if you bring the same zeal and skill to Nursing that you have applied to your detecting you will have no problems passing the boards. The only advice I would give is don't sweat it, there isn't a question on the boards you haven't already answered so just kick it in the rear and get it done.

P.S. Welcome to the nursing profession, it is good to have another guy on the team.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Kirk, I have read quite a few of your detecting adventure posts and though some of them were kind of offbeat( not bad in any way) they were very good...shows you do like the hobby and are very enthusiastic about it.

BUT, when you get into "tiffs" with other posters on whose machine does better or who can find the most colonials in a certain part of the country...that isn't "cool", even though you say you are joking...sometimes one post can trigger a small bit of anger in all of us and then some retaliation is left on the post we send. I bet all of us have "been there...done that" a few times.... I know I have.

You are man enough to tell us you have been overboard on some of your posts, and I commend you for that. In fact the "Wilver" word has grown on me.........well just a little bit ;) ;)

Keep on digging and posting those incredible coins and stories.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

mastereagle22 said:

Kirk having been a nurse since 1988 and an RN since 1991, I can tell you the most valuable tool I use every day at work. It is humor. If you don't have it you wont last long in the profession. You have a great sense of humor, it was just hard some times to know when the "just joking" was in fact because you were "just joking" or if was for other reasons. Sadly some people let their feelings get hurt way too easily, shouldn't be the way it is but that is the way it is.

I tried never to offend you, or impede you posts and I still extend my sincere offer that you can post to my posts anytime as long as you don't cross any lines the mods expect ALL of us to follow not just you.

I would offer you good luck wishes with Boards but I have no doubt that if you bring the same zeal and skill to Nursing that you have applied to your detecting you will have no problems passing the boards. The only advice I would give is don't sweat it, there isn't a question on the boards you haven't already answered so just kick it in the rear and get it done.

P.S. Welcome to the nursing profession, it is good to have another guy on the team.

Thanks, bud, for the welcome.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Kirkpa,
Please do not ignore my posts. I will be hurt if you pass over my post without a comment. I don't care what you say on my posts. I enjoy your humor and sarcasm. Its a shame some people don't get it. I think the ones that complain are desperate for praise. Maybe they were nerds in school a were bullied and on TN they can be the bullies. Stay true and watch for my posts this fall also. I have found some virgin civil war camps plus an old fair ground to hunt.
Dman

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Dman said:
Kirkpa,
Please do not ignore my posts. I will be hurt if you pass over my post without a comment. I don't care what you say on my posts. I enjoy your humor and sarcasm. Its a shame some people don't get it. I think the ones that complain are desperate for praise. Maybe they were nerds in school a were bullied and on TN they can be the bullies. Stay true and watch for my posts this fall also. I have found some virgin civil war camps plus an old fair ground to hunt.
Dman

Amen to that, brotha! Bud, I won't ignore you. I will respond on your wall, if you want me to.

I wish you luck at those sites. We have some promising sites for the fall. I just hope we can obtain permission for another one of Zoy's rasearch projects. I won't say what it is now, since we have some rivals from our immediate area on this forum, but we will be sure to post what we find at the site, if we can obtain permission from the farmer.

Kirk

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Kirk,

Las I knew this was a public forum.
you can post anywhere you want. If the person whose post it is has a problem with you posting it may be to their advantage to not post at all if they are so sensitive as to take it personal. :'(

You have just as much right to post as they do.
Th lat I knew it was a public forum,
try to be as kind as you want folks to be when you post.
You'll be fine. ;D

OD

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Old Dog said:
Kirk,

Las I knew this was a public forum.
you can post anywhere you want. If the person whose post it is has a problem with you posting it may be to their advantage to not post at all if they are so sensitive as to take it personal. :'(

You have just as much right to post as they do.
Th lat I knew it was a public forum,
try to be as kind as you want folks to be when you post.
You'll be fine. ;D

OD

They shouldn't take me personally. I mean, come on, I am a jokester! One dude left the forum because of me. I just hope he doesn't give up that easily in real life.

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State

Well I see the majority of the post here are positive about you. I have never seen anything seen anything posted by you that raised any red flags. I've always gotten a kick out of your posts.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

caratjuice said:
Well I see the majority of the post here are positive about you. I have never seen anything seen anything posted by you that raised any red flags. I've always gotten a kick out of your posts.

I have never really seen it, too. Well, the problem that most of the older guys have with me is my "Dude" stuff. They must think that it is disrespectful. Oh well, their generation was totally different than mine. I, in no means, aim to make it sound disrespectful...it is just my style of language..."Dude, dude, dude!" hahaha

I don't think there are enough young dudes on this site that can relate with me. So, I will be shunned by the dudes who are "prop-proper-properster" and applauded by the dudes and dudettes who are "down to earth-down to earthie-down to earthster." LMAO! :D

I wish you luck, bud!

Kirk

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Kirk,

Having ben your age once I think I can shed some light on that subject.

The older guys don't respect the kids too much because they already know that respect is earned, you are earning it and have earned much with this thread and your superb finds.

Your age expects the same respect that old Dudes give each other right off the top,
I know ... I remember. I thought I knew everything!

You will find that the older you get
It is surprising how much you forget between your age and mine.

Go,... find stuff !

LOL
OD

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KirkPA said:
caratjuice said:

I have never really seen it, too. Well, the problem that most of the older guys have with me is my "Dude" stuff. They must think that it is disrespectful. Oh well, their generation was totally different than mine. I, in no means, aim to make it sound disrespectful...it is just my style of language..."Dude, dude, dude!" hahaha

I don't think there are enough young dudes on this site that can relate with me. So, I will be shunned by the dudes who are "prop-proper-properster" and applauded by the dudes and dudettes who are "down to earth-down to earthie-down to earthster." LMAO! :D

I wish you luck, bud!

Kirk

Since you started this Thread to get your Feelings
In the Open, I hope you can take this ;)

"Dude" Never Bothered me.
For some unknown Reason "Wilver" Does. ;D
Maybe Because it makes me wonder IF It's a Shot at someone
who Mispelled it here in the past & your not
letting them Get over it ;) Maybe it's Just I don't like the Word :D

Don't take what I just said Wrong. Just My opinion.
it's Not Directions, or Threats.

I have deleted a few posts of yours where I feel it stepped over the Line.
I have also Deleted a Few of my own posts after reflection,
That I may have done so also.
Nobody is Perfect.

Most of the Complaints I have received about you
have been about "Inuendos" things I & most wouldn't pic up on
But others claimed were shots at them.
Whether they were or not, As a Moderator
I have to take action in these cases. Especially
when there were more then a Couple Complaints.

What I had Issues with were when you would Accuse Certain
Brand owners of B.S.'ing and or ignoreing certain exceptional finds
because of the Brand they used. Please Don't Deny this,
OR try to Excuse it. as these are the things that needed to stop ;)

Joking or not Someone always takes it Seariously,
Then things Turn & it becomes Our (the Mods) Problem.

Other then That, I'm with everyone else here.

Jeff

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Your age has never bothered me, old as I am your story was, and is entertaining. I hear "Dude" from alot of people and I don't have a problem with fist pumping(which I do after a GREAT find) or an attitude. Just didn't care for the "brand wars" which I think I'm a little guilty as well. I personally think the younger generation getting out and digging is a positive thing, and if "dude", fist pumping or arrogance is a problem I just look at the alternative, which is killing, robbing, and drugs. So I hope to see your posts, and see some great "OLD" coins come from those fields!!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

My generation may not understand everything you post. It seems some of the oldies have forgotten how it was to be young. From my generation to yours. I think you are cool.
Peace brother
Dman

pulltabsteve

Apr 22, 2006
Suffolk County, Long Island

Hey Kirk, I dont think I ever responded to a post of yours. I havent read all of your posts but I've read a few. You obviously know how to detect. Your finds are proof of that. I like your posts. They sure are entertaining and the loot you find is top notch. The language that you use also helps me understand what my kids are saying! ;D ;D I think we all played the king of the hill game when we were younger. When you get a little older I think you will realize that there are more important things in life. I think you're a smart guy. You can help alot of people with your detecting know how. Maybe even learn a thing or 2 from the many talented people on here. Keep up the good finds KirkPA!! I look forward to reading your posts in the future. Steve

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Kirk I don't know how I missed this post ? I was however in Mississippi Gambling at the time it was posted LOL ;D
Now Kirk YOU are one of the most intelligent ,enjoyable and knowledgeable personalities I have discovered on this site. I immediately understood your sense of wit and creative sarcasm ;D HUMOR !! Yes there are others that might not bond to " the outside the box " image, and certainly that is ones ,true, pure right to disagree :)
I really hope that you have not received any grief from others. You are a young man to be admired. Here you could be involved with much less admirable hobbies > but you choose to enjoy yourself with MD and making yourself each day more knowledgeable on your pursuits and interest. If we were all the same in dialect and personality , it would truly be a dull > nonproductive environment ;)
Kirk stay true to who you are > provide your post with the enthusiasm and one of a kind comments that only you can do so well. I would be proud to have you as a son or friend ;D Heck fire you guys have a one of a kind good time ;D ;D

HH > there are tons of colonials >coppas>wilver for you to find and post ;D Sincerely Marjorie R. Powell

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk,
After reading your post I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry? ??? I'm going with laughter though, because I too enjoy humor. Being able to laugh keeps you young.
Being serious all the time is boring. Your posts really add spice to this site, so hopefully you reconsider on responding to others posts too. By the way, did you cash in your "coppas" to buy those big dollar words you used? ;D
Stay the way you are, but lose that hat, pull up your Huggies, and PLEASE replace that d-mn avatar. :o ;D
Take care,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread