jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I'd figure it was one of those NIGERIAN SCAMS, (fake Coins)? or stolen money & an ingenious way to have it Laundered. STILL WOULD BE NICE THO to have a handfull of them

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Darren, Funny you mentioned this story. I was on the White's website just last night (early this morning) getting info to order a couple new loops and was reading the same story. Seems like there's a lot of people out there who have stories, we just have to loosen their lips?
xXx

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Would that be 'taxable' in the U.S. ..
I know in Canada, 'Winnings' lotteries or otherwise are not taxable.. If I found a bunch like that 'I' would consider it winnings ;=)

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
OW, HECK YA!!!!!! The U.S. Government will take MORE than their share. Then, if anything is left the State will make sure to put a claim on the rest, saying it belongs to them. That's why I think a lot more Cache's have been found than people hear or say. They don't wanna loose everything. If I ever come across a motherload like that, nobody will EVER hear a word about it.
xXx

RedneckRookie

Greenie
Feb 4, 2006
Tennessee
Darren in NC said:
Gotta love these stories!

Scroll down to Bob and his handful of gold coins...
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/decemberstories04w.php#catsk

Don't you wish some stranger would call you with the precise location of a cache? Time to start a website!

There is no way in hell that "BOB" found those coins in the ground. I'ts just an advertisement sceme tryin to sell Whites. If you blow up the pic you'll see that they are mew coins probably minted no later than 1990

N

Noble Metal

There you go, and I beleive that, (New coins)..

(And for sure there is lots of stuff found that people won't talk about; especially on the web; and with all we've ever seen and heard through the years, do we blaim them?, No way, can't blame them a bit.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RedneckRookie said:
There is no way in hell that "BOB" found those coins in the ground. I'ts just an advertisement sceme tryin to sell Whites. If you blow up the pic you'll see that they are mew coins probably minted no later than 1990

Pehaps, but what if Bob was contacted by a guy who buried them after 1990? The copyright at the bottom is 2004 - 14 years after your date of the coins. It's still a viable story. C'mon, let us hope a little ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions