The price of filing a claim went sky high.

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You used to be able to get 8 friends together and get 160 acre claims for $189. Now its $180 plus you have to pay per 20 acres. "KNOW IT ALL" folks please refrain from telling the world you know it all already, if you know this already, disregard, dont wast your time, this is for the folks that DO NOT KNOW YET!

sad that I have to even write this in here.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/media...r.80458.File.dat/Service Charges and Fees.pdf

Here is how to stake a claim.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/media...N_/energy.Par.28664.File.dat/MiningClaims.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
less than a year old, and just because you know about it doesn't mean everyone else does, but thanks!!

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So did MILK GAS... and everything else for that matter

we are the new slaves!!!!!!!

OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who pissed in your cornflakes Hunter?

Just tired of naysayers always having to make condescending posts after I posts something. If its ancient news and you know already, why take the time to post something here? Just to show the world you know already? Thats who pissed in my CF.

pacog

Apr 23, 2013
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same thing going on out here in California as well. I have Mixed feelings about the issue.

It's good in the Fact that people wont be able to hold groups of claims and never work them and pay low maintainence fee's. As well as those people/associations who have more than 10 claims in an area. It will open up a lot of areas for people who are looking to get into a good claim and and actually work the ground( like me). So there is an upside to the issue. Will cut down on the claim hoarders out there.

Of course it sucks to have to pay more money and we know the Govt is trying to suck us dry these day's. But I think many people abuse the current system and how they allow claims to be established. But as was stated earlier, f you are working your calims they should be able to pay for themselves and or the work you preformed used to offset your small miner waver fees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread