The problem with Silver.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well? What's the problem with the price. Last year when Gold was at a high silver was pushing $20 +. Gold is up from then but not silver. I think it's about $4-$8 off. So what's your opinion?

Me personally, I'm not sure. Could be manipulation. Could be silver is known as the poor mans metal and the economy is taking a hit of the poor man. With people selling to stay afloat and no extra cash to buy. But you would think surely the little man doesn't push as much as some of these investors in the long run.....

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver market is possibly being manipulated! Something fishy is going on.

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Gold and silver have been manipulated for pretty much the past 50 years.

With that said it is relatively easy to manipulate the price of gold and silver, so long as the major players are content to accept paper receipts for the gold and silver, as opposed to the actual metal. When they want their metal, the bankers cant use the gold to play the market and suppress the price and the value rises.

This, to a certain extent is what is beginning to happen with gold. The Chinese and Indians recently moved huge amounts of physical gold to vaults in their countries and the price of gold has reached record highs as a result.

It will take longer for silver to break out, but I would expect it to happen when the price of gold hits 2000 an ounce, as central banks begin to look for other metals to purchase.

Incidentally there are several prominent economists who speculated that without market manipulation of gold and silver that gold would be worth 6300 dollars an ounce and silver would be worth 420 an ounce.

Be careful what you wish for or you might get it.

Can you imagine a 1968 half dollar being worth 50 dollars?

As for me, I would rather have 10 or 20 more years of low metal prices, allowing me to st9ockpile more of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread