The Queens Dowry?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Queen's Dowry?

What is really known about it for certain? It's full contents? It's possession and eventual loss? Any first hand accounts? You read a lot about it but seems to be a few different versions. What are the known facts? :dontknow:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the "new" to be queen of spain wanted to be well paid to marry the current king of spain - he was a known sex addict who had to be phyisically drug off his prior dying wife's body -- he was known to have basically said --well who knows how long it will take them to obtain me a new wife and being a "good catholic" he could not have sex "outside' of marriage.-- oh yah to marry this loony tune --the gal insisted on huge wedding dowery -- since if she married him and for whatever reason could not produce a hier for him--her future was shot if "royally" divorced for being "barren" --as a former "barren" catholic queen , she would be "unmarryible" - and would have to support herself for the rest of her days

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ivan. I understand "why" the dowry. I was more interested in a factual detailed account of the dowry's contents and the factual details of it's handling up to its loss. I've read some about it but most of this information is usually pretty vague beyond the basics.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My humble opinion:

Transporting of the Queens Dowry, was a secret, clandestine operation. Under guise of the Portugese flag, the ship sailed a day before the 1715 fleet.

The facts are to be found in the Vatican Archives. This is only my opinion, nothing more. Dell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread