THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC. :thumbsup:

You know me too well my friend. :laughing7:
It's a lot cooler out this morning, only 10c here, probably even cooler out at your place.

I'll get to the site around 6:30am, I should be good to hunt until at least noon today. :thumbsup:

How are things goings at your place?

About the same temp., I'm sometimes warmer because of the proximity to the water.

All is good except for the sleep pattern, but who needs that, right? :laughing7:

Electricians in the garage, moving the planer out this morning up to the shop, along with a few other large items. Getting ready for the interior getting completed and then I'll get a guy the will come in with commercial sprayer to paint the interior.
The hardest thing is to get guys lined up to work-why work? When they get paid to sit on their ass at home collecting the CERB. :BangHead:

Then there's material shortage of everything, and anything in building materials one can get there's price hike.

Oh well, going to the field to survey out the berry patch, dig a small trench with the back hoe so to get the plow down deep for a complete turn of the sod/ and top soil.
I'm kind of interested in seeing what will show up in the finds dept when I put the coil to it. :headbang:

Best of luck on the morning hunt Dave.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for telling dave...I always enjoy hearing about your adventures....Canada is so far away and such a different vibe than my type of hunts. So much history up there.
Morning Bart and rook. :hello:

Funny, because I feel exactly the same way about the finds you guys in Florida and the rest of the US make. :notworthy:

I've only found one 1835 US LC here in Ontario, but we used a lot of US, British, French and Spanish coins here until the 20thc.
We actually didn't start producing our own Canadian currency until the early 19thc, so we never know what's going to pop up here.
I do know of one detectorist here in Ontario who found a GW Button a few years ago... pepperj. :laughing7:

Anyway, I'm off to get ready for my hunt, I'll post anything interesting here this afternoon.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck Dave!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
morning ARC.....here it comes....looks like the thing will shape up and head our way. Thinking about boat moving already... the lobster fisherman are freaking out already.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bart and rook. :hello:

Funny, because I feel exactly the same way about the finds you guys in Florida and the rest of the US make. :notworthy:

I've only found one 1835 US LC here in Ontario, but we used a lot of US, British, French and Spanish coins here until the 20thc.
We actually didn't start producing our own Canadian currency until the early 19thc, so we never know what's going to pop up here.
I do know of one detectorist here in Ontario who found a GW Button a few years ago... pepperj. :laughing7:

Anyway, I'm off to get ready for my hunt, I'll post anything interesting here this afternoon.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

The GW button site is on the to-do list when the dust settles to lease the 2-3 acres, plow-disk, plow/disk-repeat.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
morning ARC.....here it comes....looks like the thing will shape up and head our way. Thinking about boat moving already... the lobster fisherman are freaking out already.

Just looking at what's building behind it-seems like the activity is lining up.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrg just saw "morning Rook" twice... heh

I either need more coffee less Rum... OR vise versa.

:P

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put a splash of rum right in the coffee when that happens ARC !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking at what's building behind it-seems like the activity is lining up.

I secretly view these events as mini summer vacations.....they rarely hit us and I get a few days off...paid i might add....but, every now and then there's an Andrew or Irma!! Those 2 really messed up my mini vacation !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: hello and good morning bill.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bill
I'm thinking you might need an extra layer on for the AM walk about.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I worked the lobster boats we would rush out before the storm and start taking all the traps from the shallows tie an extra shot of line to each one and throw them back in the deep. This way when the storm hits your traps don't drag in the surf and get destroyed in the shallows. The problem is that there are 2000 of them and I can only move about 225 a day. So if you chose this route you must start the process now.....which means your gonna do a bunch of extra work...and it could miss you. If it misses you've done a bunch of work for nothing and now you have to move everything back to where it came from. Very hard to make that decision !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I secretly view these events as mini summer vacations.....they rarely hit us and I get a few days off...paid i might add....but, every now and then there's an Andrew or Irma!! Those 2 really messed up my mini vacation !!

They turn into work projects that last for many moons.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Another beaut of a morning. 64 degrees. 52F9B60F-45B0-4C78-8E13-B0749D3EA0D6.jpeg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee rook....those hummers get up early for breakfast !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread