THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya....if I could get the gold every time....I'd quit my day job !! 20200821_074950.jpg
Just some small silver and a plated piece....next spot will be better I hope !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boss wants to snorkel !!! WTF DUDE. We got 3 days and 7 boats to deal with before this storm. Hmmmm....hurricane greenhorns from Chicago. They'll learn !! Maybe the hard way.
Tropical Depression Thirteen will affect the Leeward Islands, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands with rain and gusty winds into this weekend.
This system may then head toward Florida and the Gulf of Mexico early next week, possibly as a hurricane.
However, its forecast intensity and track at that time are highly uncertain.

This is what they read-no worries right?
They have some very capable hands to tie/move/secure everything at a drop of a hat.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....when I was looking for a home I went straight to the highest elevation neighborhood to look. So I'm sitting on high ground safe from storm surge. I'll take my chances with the wind.....aside from a tree coming down on the house....I'm in the safest spot in the keys by design. When fema and national guard come to pre stage they park in our neighborhood right next to our wood shop. We sit on what the locals call a mountain. A whopping 13 foot mountain. A deep man made channel cuts the high ground in half. This allows the storm surge to funnel through the island in a class 5 rapid. Its a site to behold !! We have another layer of protection that no one else in the keys have....a barrier island and then a small bay....then the main island. The ones who stay always end up bunkering in our neighborhood. Its the safest spot to be when the eyewall hits !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well....when I was looking for a home I went straight to the highest elevation neighborhood to look. So I'm sitting on high ground safe from storm surge. I'll take my chances with the wind.....aside from a tree coming down on the house....I'm in the safest spot in the keys by design. When fema and national guard come to pre stage they park in our neighborhood right next to our wood shop. We sit on what the locals call a mountain. A whopping 13 foot mountain. A deep man made channel cuts the high ground in half. This allows the storm surge to funnel through the island in a class 5 rapid. Its a site to behold !! We have another layer of protection that no one else in the keys have....a barrier island and then a small bay....then the main island. The ones who stay always end up bunkering in our neighborhood. Its the safest spot to be when the eyewall hits !!

So you don't need to prep. too much.
Take the boss out snorkelling-I'm sure in their "Very Realistic World"- you can secure everything in just 20 minutes. :laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got it pepper....thats exactly it !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we'll see though. The weather is already getting grey and sloppy from TD 14. Not to good for snorkeling.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For you....

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, mateys!

The rugrat (just the one had surgery. Sorry for the typo) did great! Hopefully this will be the last eye surgery. He’s had two.

The weather dude was talking about the two storms both becoming hurricanes and joining together. Historical he said, if it happens. I pray that it doesn’t!
ARC , Bart, Ecs, rook, GB, and whoever else is in the southern zone, I will keep you in my prayers.

I’ve dropped my camera. That’s twice now. I’m afraid I really did it this time. Will try to get pics posted later.

Bart and antiquarian, good luck with your hunting spots!

Rusty, be safe.

Pepperj and Bill, steady as she goes and keep a rope in the water for Msbeep.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh and WHADI, take a walk. (Go detect)

Releventchair, keep the doggies on board the ship.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, mateys!

The rugrat (just the one had surgery. Sorry for the typo) did great! Hopefully this will be the last eye surgery. He’s had two.

The weather dude was talking about the two storms both becoming hurricanes and joining together. Historical he said, if it happens. I pray that it doesn’t!
ARC , Bart, Ecs, rook, GB, and whoever else is in the southern zone, I will keep you in my prayers.

I’ve dropped my camera. That’s twice now. I’m afraid I really did it this time. Will try to get pics posted later.

Bart and antiquarian, good luck with your hunting spots!

Rusty, be safe.

Pepperj and Bill, steady as she goes and keep a rope in the water for Msbeep.

The B-700?

Pooched

Aug 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Currently replacing my toilet with the most expensive toilet I have bought yet.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tomatoes from our garden is overflowing 139 lbs and counting....lol.

So tonight pasta with our sauce from our garden tomatoes, with garlic and basil. I'll throw together a side salad using some of our cukes also.

Other than the effort pretty cheap supper and delicious to boot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread