THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was almost the same time that I had my 'cold experience' in the north as well Jim... we probably passed each other on the Trans-Canada Hwy. :laughing7:

Oh I think we remember that, you were the frozen snowman walking down highway.
The Mrs said: "Look Jim! It's Frosty the Snowman. How cute! There must of been a Xmas parade, and we missed it" :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!

Neat pics W.D.!
Non seasick waves too. My favorites.
Though a little chop for eyes is better.

You're in the fall brawl?
Hurry up and fill the boat. (With fish.)
Only takes a couple heavy ones to change things in a hurry. Then a couple more of course....

Weather will change gears after today. That'll be a change up.
Not sure where baitfish will end up . Cloudy stirred up more stained water or elsewhere. But that's likely where the eyes will be. As you already know.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Friends, I think Simon1 has passed away. I am not 100% sure, though. After he disappeared, I joined BeenVerified and did a search on his email. I know his first name, his approximate age, and that he was from Iowa. I found a match and have been monitoring Legacy.com. Today, I got a very possible obit. Is there any way to verify this ? Is there anyone who knows who Simon1 really is?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!

Neat pics W.D.!
Non seasick waves too. My favorites.
Though a little chop for eyes is better.

You're in the fall brawl?
Hurry up and fill the boat. (With fish.)
Only takes a couple heavy ones to change things in a hurry. Then a couple more of course....

Weather will change gears after today. That'll be a change up.
Not sure where baitfish will end up . Cloudy stirred up more stained water or elsewhere. But that's likely where the eyes will be. As you already know.

It's a big fish tourney. Top five big fish pays out.

First Place Choice 2021 Warrior 208 or Hewescraft Ocean Pro 24ft
Second Place is the boat that was not chosen by the winner
Third Place $75,000.00
Fourth Place $65,000.00
Fifth Place $55,000.00

Here are the leaders so far:

StandingsWeightLengthNameDate
110.97030.00Jeffrey Konz11.6.20
210.94030.50Lorenzo Ruta10.23.20
310.91029.00Caleb Rice10.31.20
410.77029.75Hunter Schoendorf11.7.20
510.73531.50Dennis Leipply11.8.20
610.64030.75Gregg J. Reichert11.8.20
710.60030.00Alvin Lindsey11.7.20
810.60029.00Chris Branham10.29.20

It was Erie glass out there yesterday. And absolutely beautiful!

As much as I hate the idea of colder temps up there, we actually need the weather to change up. Mr WD believes our side of the pond is too warm yet and the big ones haven't migrated back from Canada.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....pretty good whack....still blowing 20-40 here. Just got done propping up my paw paw tree....it was on the neighbors house. Shes tied with line to prop her up for now. Ive already cut the neighbors downed tree that was hung in my back fence, and still have a large gumbo branch on the roof !! Our wood shop survived with minimal damage.....but gonna be awhile getting back online because of the clean up and rebuild. Haven't been to far yet and don't even know where the storm is now !! Must have been close to the center because things calmed down around 2 am.....then switched direction on us about 4am. Skid steer just came down the road .... my neighbor is clearing roads already. Law men say don't try and drive yet to many trees down. Weather is still pretty bad right now anyway.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends, I think Simon1 has passed away. I am not 100% sure, though. After he disappeared, I joined BeenVerified and did a search on his email. I know his first name, his approximate age, and that he was from Iowa. I found a match and have been monitoring Legacy.com. Today, I got a very possible obit. Is there any way to verify this ? Is there anyone who knows who Simon1 really is?

Oh no....

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow....pretty good whack....still blowing 20-40 here. Just got done propping up my paw paw tree....it was on the neighbors house. Shes tied with line to prop her up for now. Ive already cut the neighbors downed tree that was hung in my back fence, and still have a large gumbo branch on the roof !! Our wood shop survived with minimal damage.....but gonna be awhile getting back online because of the clean up and rebuild. Haven't been to far yet and don't even know where the storm is now !! Must have been close to the center because things calmed down around 2 am.....then switched direction on us about 4am. Skid steer just came down the road .... my neighbor is clearing roads already. Law men say don't try and drive yet to many trees down. Weather is still pretty bad right now anyway.

Glad you were able to check in and the worst is over for you. I hope!

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

WD,
I can’t remember if we give our name to Treasurenet, when we join the forum, along with email?
I try checking something.
Russ

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I just checked an old pm from him, and yes Iowa, horn and raised.
Checked his profile, dob is there 4/24 (same month and day as my brother),
But year is not listed.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Simon got covid. ? ... which we sorta got sideways in a discussion about ... :/

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I just checked an old pm from him, and yes Iowa, horn and raised.
Checked his profile, dob is there 4/24 (same month and day as my brother),
But year is not listed.

Thank you for the birthday reminder, Idahodutch. The obit is very basic and doesn't give dob. Says "at age 68." Maybe it is not him. I went through some posts and found one from Jan 09, 2019 where he said he was 65. So, he's only had 2 birthdays since making him 67.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if Simon got covid. ? ... which we sorta got sideways in a discussion about ... :/

I have been thinking stroke. He said he had one in Dec. 2019 and was at risk for them. Then that storm came. That stress could have played a roll. I think if he got covid, he would have been able to let us know.

Ya know, we have had 10 people in our world pass away since this covid started. Only one of them, a 93 yr old aunt, died of covid last week. And to be honest, it was a blessing. She has been bed ridden in a nursing home wing of an old hospital since 2013.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the birthday reminder, Idahodutch. The obit is very basic and doesn't give dob. Says "at age 68." Maybe it is not him. I went through some posts and found one from Jan 09, 2019 where he said he was 65. So, he's only had 2 birthdays since making him 67.

He may have jus turned that age WD.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our street is under 3 ft of water, our yards are flooded,
my neighbors water line broke sometimes during the night,
she called me at 7:30. At least our other neighbor got it cut off at the main.
I've given her 5 gals buckets and jugs and jugs of fresh water.

We've all called the cops & our city, as the atv & 4 wheelers are out now, having fun.... :angry4:
I advised them they're adding to our misery & busted water lines.
Called the city before 8:00 to get the road closed, it's almost 10:30,
guess I'll be calling again, soon... :BangHead:
How freaking long does it take to put a road closed barricade... :cussing:

sorry, just venting, what a daymare....

BlakBart, I'm still waiting on that cocktail... :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda expected Simon would whistle after storm clean up....

Missing role call so long though .....Had me suspicious after a week.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,
Maybe he got frustrated with al the cv response, you know fed up and just isolated some.
No break in the political stress , so maybe he is just collecting thoughts and staying busy with something else.
I did that for a bit myself. ??

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there P-Cat!

Keep an eye on the buttheads. They probably are not going far.
Find out where they live , then turf their yards after it's dry....(Just kidding. Mostly.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread