THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Throughout my sales career, I've always worked for the OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and sold our products wholesale through the Construction/Rental Equipment supply dealers. The dealers have the initial responsibility to service the customer who bought the product from them. If the product proves to be defective from the factory, then the OEM should be contacted and will get involved. I've never sold to the retail public, nor have I sold directly to the end-users. I always relied on my dealers to service the equipment for us, this was the agreement the dealer made when they choose to sell the product.

My suggestion to Jim is... if you're not getting any satisfaction from the dealer that you bought the saw from, then contact the manufacturer directly. When I had a dealer contact me directly about a problematic piece of equipment that they weren't able to diagnose, I would then get our service trainers involved and offer a solution to the dealer and the purchaser of the product. I always offered to directly contact the customer who bought the equipment to let them know that we 'the manufacturer' were aware of the problem they were having and that we would help in any way that we could.

Folks never think of where the item will be serviced when they're buying it, all they're concerned about is getting the lowest price.
When the end-users had a problem, they always wanted to vent directly to the manufacturer and I was always happy to let them do this, just as long as they kept the profanity to a minimum. :laughing7:

I remember a motto one of my companies used years ago, "The sweetness of the low price is forgotten, long after the bitterness of poor quality remains"... you get what you pay for. :thumbsup:

I wrote to STIHL Canada and outlined the issues-not heard back from them as of yet.

"Due to COVID" Some services will be delayed-we are doing our best to avoid all customer inactions while we sit in out home offices playing and getting the CERB......:laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning WD... after Rum... its.......... Wobble Wobble.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the heck is Bart and Rook ? ? ?

ALL HANDS ON DECK ! ! !

:P

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning and Happy Thanksgiving WD, AARC, pepperj , Dave, bill and the later crew.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrgggg I can already taste the turkey... Rum... ham... Rum... green bean casserole... Rum... mashed potatoes... Rum... stuffing... and of course ... Rum.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Rook, WD

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh there is Rook.... ok... for being late... you forfeit one sip of Rum.

***ARC takes Rooks rum mug and slurps a sip***

There ! I hoped you learned you lesson in lateness !... and if not... be later for it will cost you more sips.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I should be done with Thanksgiving spoils... by Monday anyway.

:P

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wrote to STIHL Canada and outlined the issues-not heard back from them as of yet.

"Due to COVID" Some services will be delayed-we are doing our best to avoid all customer inactions while we sit in out home offices playing and getting the CERB......:laughing7:

Good morning WD, Bill and Rook. :hello:

I'm sorry Jim, but they're full of poopies!
My suggestion would be to contact the Sales Manager directly.
I've known Larry for many years, he's worked for STIHL for at least 25 years and is a decent guy. :thumbsup:
Just don't mention you got his name from me ok. :laughing7:

Larry Isaac
Regional Manager at STIHL Limited
London, Ontario
Email: [email protected]

STIHL Limited
1515 Sise Rd.
London, Ontario N6A 4L6
Tel.: 519-681-3000
Email:
[email protected]
Q&A: https://en.stihl.ca/questions-and-answers.aspx

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Good morning WD, Bill and Rook. :hello:

I'm sorry Jim, but they're full of poopies!
My suggestion would be to contact the Sales Manager directly.
I've known Larry for many years, he's worked for STIHL for at least 25 years and is a decent guy. :thumbsup:
Just don't mention you got his name from me ok. :laughing7:

Larry Isaac
Regional Manager at STIHL Limited
London, Ontario
Email: [email protected]

STIHL Limited
1515 Sise Rd.
London, Ontario N6A 4L6
Tel.: 519-681-3000
Email:
[email protected]
Q&A: https://en.stihl.ca/questions-and-answers.aspx

Dave my last line was just a :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: made up.

My next letter I will threaten them with "Dave told me-to tell you-that you were filled with Poopies" :laughing7:

The company "Green Tractors" need to "Poopie or get off the pot"

Nothing beats a snot nosed service rep. telling 3 men with 150 yrs of (combined) experience that they don't know how to mix the proper fuel for a saw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread