THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where in the world have YOU been?

I did school, and watched as the two bucks I was after came out, and walked right past my stand...while I'm in the house. Go figure. I'm also getting some materials together for a video I'll be making later.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning GB1

I did school, and watched as the two bucks I was after came out, and walked right past my stand...while I'm in the house. Go figure. I'm also getting some materials together for a video I'll be making later.

do you hunt with a bow or a gun. this year in TX was too hot to hunt with a bow i'm waiting for gun season. morning rook

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
...and most likely, DUTCH TREET!

Big Foot thumbs up.gif
That was funny ECS :icon_thumright:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning y'all.
Found a good quality drone flight over S.M.Lake Dam area ,enjoy :)
>>

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning crew mates...it is still morning? oh ya! Hi & bye to those scurrying off to other adventures .

Hit a strong head wind this morning. Also had to log back in 6 times. But I made it! ....where's the coffee, i'll have a slice, just cut mine with a knife

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That head wind, may have been a strong tail wind....jet propulsion....from the ship!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
do you hunt with a bow or a gun. this year in TX was too hot to hunt with a bow i'm waiting for gun season. morning rook

I have never hunted with a gun before, and never will. Too noisy. I like my bow.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How is she doing ? Broke any bones or anything yet because of osteoporosis ?

No broken bones. We caught all this in time. She is doing fine.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never hunted with a gun before, and never will. Too noisy. I like my bow.

it is fun to hunt with a bow. but we have so many hogs here i want more than just a arrow against 20 of them

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is fun to hunt with a bow. but we have so many hogs here i want more than just a arrow against 20 of them

Man, you got a pair on ya, because I could never face one hog, let alone 20+.

I got scared of pigs when I shot my first buck, and we took it to a butcher shop at night. It was very dark, with no streetlight, so it was me and my dad putting the deer in a cooler, for the butcher to retrieve in the morning. I didn't know it at the time, but there was a hog pen about 15 feet away, and there was a 1,230 pound hog inside. So I'm standing beside the tailgate, and all of a sudden, this hog starts bellowing and roaring and screaming like it was trying to bring down the Appalachian mountains. My dad said I "levitated" onto the roof of our truck, and ran over the hood and hit the pavement on the other side, which wasn't far from the truth. I jumped onto the roof, and fell off onto the street on the other side, and I was still backpedaling out of Dodge, lol! I had never heard a pig before, so I didn't know what it was!

Since then, I've been scared to death of hogs, and I'm glad y'all are taking them out down in Texas.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I nabbed me another canada goose this morning. I used my little 28ga. shotgun which only kicks like a little girl, not very hard but often. :laughing7:

You are all familiar with how dense gold falls to the bottom of your pan? Well dense projectiles zip through targets better than less dense projectiles. Case in point, the load of 7/8 ounce tungsten I used in my 28ga. has about the same energy at 40 yards as a 10ga. 1-9/16 ounce load of steel shot. The diffence is that steel shot has a destiny of about 8 grams per a cubic centimeter of volume, and my tungsten is around 13 grams per a cubic centimeter. I'm usually real nervous pulling the trigger on a goose, they are tough birds and vey spiteful when crippled. But this morning, on this bird, even with my little 28 ga. small bore, I just knew this bird was mine even before I pulled the trigger-

It was my density.

:tongue3:

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

I got scared of pigs when I shot my first buck, and we took it to a butcher shop at night. It was very dark, with no streetlight, so it was me and my dad putting the deer in a cooler, for the butcher to retrieve in the morning. I didn't know it at the time, but there was a hog pen about 15 feet away, and there was a 1,230 pound hog inside. So I'm standing beside the tailgate, and all of a sudden, this hog starts bellowing and roaring and screaming like it was trying to bring down the Appalachian mountains. My dad said I "levitated" onto the roof of our truck, and ran over the hood and hit the pavement on the other side, which wasn't far from the truth. I jumped onto the roof, and fell off onto the street on the other side, and I was still backpedaling out of Dodge, lol! I had never heard a pig before, so I didn't know what it was!

Since then, I've been scared to death of hogs, and I'm glad y'all are taking them out down in Texas.

i usually 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and my 300 blackout to slay them nasty things

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

A bit of trivia..
Pigs are louder than jet engines.
]What they lack in eyesight, they make up for in squeal. Pigs can scream up to 130 decibels! With jet engines coming it at 120 decibels compared to diesel engines at 80 decibels, you can imagine how noisy a group of pigs can be if they decide to cause a commotion.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A bit of trivia..
Pigs are louder than jet engines.
]What they lack in eyesight, they make up for in squeal. Pigs can scream up to 130 decibels! With jet engines coming it at 120 decibels compared to diesel engines at 80 decibels, you can imagine how noisy a group of pigs can be if they decide to cause a commotion.

He was using all 130 then, dang! I never knew they got that loud.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I spent 20 minutes doing a video presentation on identifying Indian artifacts...only to realize after I was done that I never hit record.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other