THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired....only one dive yesterday. Wind waves and current came on quick. It took everything I had just to get to the target yesterday......dragging a hundred feet of hooka hose in strong current is a chore. So after 15 minutes I finally get to the drop bouy.....I didnt even need the excal......there was a 43 pound plow anchor 2 feet in front of the marker. I tied the tag line on the anchor and got the hell out of there. Called the other dive team and told them dont bother coming out.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GB
You deer hunting today?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
54c8943bc8bda_-_treasure-hunt-boat-470-de.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In thinking(dangerous) that if GB and RR kill the meat and bart rescued the rum from his dive we'd have the menu for the Christmas party.:occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big meetings with NOAA. theres alot going on with protests over government over reach. We are still allowed to use big blue our water jet for digging. I went in the afternoon to an adjacent land spot to search for spanish evidence.....it was good. Found one spike and an olive jar shard. Got a Walker half and a silver dime. I always bring the eq incase I need a plan B if the weather or water clarity goes down hill. Glad I did !! 20191018_210722.jpg
20191018_210621.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds bart

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched for the 10th time

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Big meetings with NOAA. theres alot going on with protests over government over reach. We are still allowed to use big blue our water jet for digging.
=========

Yes, I did read that NOAA was causing trouble down in your area. Think the protests will solve it or NOAA just continue ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were still doing shakedown cruises. Getting better with my dive buddy and working out our work approach underwater. Working in zero fiz I had to tie a tag line to the led that I can hang onto so I dont stray to far away from the mark. In zero viz I can use the pulse interference between the detectors like an RDF and find my way back to my partner. When we are far apart I get no interference. So I can swim towards the faint pulse until it gets louder and louder and you find your partner. Zero viz is tuff slow work with no sense of direction except through detector feed back from your partner.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure simon.....guess slot of rules will get broken if something dosent change. I got a feeling we will get our way in the end with some compromise. Theres some paperwork going straight to trump's hands shortly.....hes a Florida guy and has some awareness of the situation.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed that movie more than once myself.:icon_thumleft:

That cross at the end has been seared into my mind since childhood....love the outboard engine fight scene too !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread