THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know for me the banners have been a total game changer.....when I got the call from the bronze cannon Corp, ASAP American shoal archeology project, and Bahia honda historians inc. It was the 1733 banners that caught there attention and let them know that I was an active hunter in there location and was successful at recovering treasure. The banners actually got me noticed by the Robinson Brothers, and the doors to a dive position on a salvage boat were opened to me. I don't think I would have got the attention from these salvage groups without the banners. So it would be really nice to have my 3rd banner that relates to the 1733 fleet applied to my profile.....they are a testament to my success on the 1733 fleet and have helped me get noticed by some of the bigger players down here in the treasure salvor world !! Hopefully I'll finally get credit for my third 1733 banner !!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for this Jim, I posted my questions before I read your post from yesterday morning. :icon_thumleft:

Oh that's alright there Dave-we've all has had the case of fingers working before the eyes done the reading syndrome.
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:- That's the solution for everything before 6am.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya know for me the banners have been a total game changer.....when I got the call from the bronze cannon Corp, ASAP American shoal archeology project, and Bahia honda historians inc. It was the 1733 banners that caught there attention and let them know that I was an active hunter in there location and was successful at recovering treasure. The banners actually got me noticed by the Robinson Brothers, and the doors to a dive position on a salvage boat were opened to me. I don't think I would have got the attention from these savage groups without the banners. So it would be really nice to have my 3rd banner that relates to the 1733 fleet applied to my profile.....they are a testament to my success on the 1733 fleet and have helped me get noticed by some of the bigger players down here in the treasure salvor world !! Hopefully I'll finally get credit for my third 1733 banner !!

I find it strange that it hasn't been corrected.
Have you asked the Mods. about this correction?
I used to be able to hit the little scrolling arrow on the right hand side of the banner to see a scrolling pics of the ones that have been bumped-that seems to be not working now.
Time for some correcting to be done by the one that takes care of the important stuff.

Then again probably they're drowning in swamp posts and treading water with all the shite posts about the current events instead of the basic infrastructure of the banner.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those early morning caught up with me I guess. :/

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Pepper... Fat... Anti... Bart.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it strange that it hasn't been corrected.
Have you asked the Mods. about this correction?
I used to be able to hit the little scrolling arrow on the right hand side of the banner to see a scrolling pics of the ones that have been bumped-that seems to be not working now.
Time for some correcting to be done by the one that takes care of the important stuff.

Then again probably they're drowning in swamp posts and treading water with all the shite posts about the current events instead of the basic infrastructure of the banner.

Birdman sent them a message and so did I so hopefully it can get fixed....I tried asking treasurehunter about a year or 2 ago but nothing ever came of it.....maybe now it'll get more attention.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ARC....you slept in !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're better off not getting another job then-reasons are.

Working couple of today: One's salary goes to daycare.

In your case: Full-time care for the Mrs and Daughter = $$$ need at least 2-3 shifts to do the workload.

Then there's the extras. Laundry/meal prep./cleaning

Dog walker-you forgot about the puppy care.

You're going to need a salary above the offer.

Remember on the job training requirements. 2 week quarantine + the in house training in FL. another 2 week quarantine on return-oh you're in for a heavy load buddy.

You're better off just to collect the CERB and go detecting......cheaper and free.
Thanks for your words of support buddy, don’t think I don’t appreciate it. :laughing7:

I told my wife the other day… “if I get this new job the one thing I’d like, is to get a house cleaning service to come in every two weeks.”

Her response… “don’t worry about it honey, I’ll take care of cleaning the house while you’re working.”
I thought yeah right, you never cleaned before, why would you start now?
But I realize this is just my OCD talking and I need to bite my tongue. :tongue3:

And to that, I am still and
You want to see what ‘high maintenance’ looks like, just go clothes shopping at Lulu Lemon with our teenage daughter at the mall. :laughing7:
I swear, every time she comes out of that store she’s spent $500+ on pants and shorts.

Mornin all!

SD: It's a pretty snow falling anyways.

And we're way short of normal depth...
I've only plowed once so far this year. (Knock on wood.)
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday RC, what a great winter it’s been so far! :thumbsup:
According to the 14-day forecast, the next time we’re supposed to get any measurable amount of snow here will be January 31.

Ya that odds are in his favour-geez that man just lives down the road a ways, texts me when he knows I'm sweating my you know what's off-showing me the keepers.

Never an invite
Must be my truck, my clothes maybe, certainly I don't hold a mirror to his GQ looks and attire, but WIF It has me now wondering bad.

Hey buddy, you’re always welcome to come down to my area, you know you’ve got an open invitation to hit any of my sites. :notworthy:
I think you’re just worried that your chicken babies and Max will miss you in the morning and there’ll be hell to pay when you get home.

I am also going to ignore a few who IMO are just "users" here... they show up and post ONLY when it helps them... just to have us solve the problems for them... then poof they are gone until the next time they need something... and they are not chartered or anything.

They also don't except friend requests or give likes to those who make good comments etc.
I always seem to get one or two strangers sending me a ‘Friends’ request after I post a new thread in the Today’s Finds forum. :icon_scratch:
Most of these are newbies to the forum with only one or two posts, which I always decline.

We had a couple of chicken legs left over from the other night. Scratching my head what to have as side veggies so went the easy way out had a couple of bell peppers which had to be used, a few onions and took a couple of potatoes and sliced them up.

Tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and some herbs and here you go no fuss supper.

This looks delicious Bill, what a great idea as I rarely grill anything. I don’t mind eating leftovers, my Mom always said, ‘waste not, want not’. :thumbsup:
Of course, she grew up in the 1930s – 40s when times were lean after the war.
But I’m of a similar opinion, leftovers should not be wasted, food is expensive and shouldn’t be composted just because they’re 24hrs old.

Mr WD says I am not cheap. I’m almost as expensive as his fishing hobby. So buyer beware.

WD, Men always like to complain about how much their wives spend on themselves. :BangHead:
In all honesty, I’d probably spend twice as much if I had the means and didn’t have a wife to be accountable to.

I tell me wife, “happy wife, happy life… buy yourself whatever you want, you only live once.”
My wife has never been ‘high maintenance’, I knew that when I married her... our daughter, she's just spoiled. :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning ARC... I knew there was something missing this morning, it was you. :laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting