THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But wait it gets even better......Part 2...... So I call the shop to complain to the manager,he says I'm sorry a 1,000 times and says, bring it in(I'll work on it). NOW by now I'm pumped and don't trust these guys,and I'm ready ! I arrive, the Mgr. pulls my Silverado over their oil change pit.(As he's doing that), I get into position w/my small camera where he can't see me,But zooming in (off a mirror) I can see & video him in the pit:)! .He comes out of the pit.I say was the filter loose ? He says no.I say really ? I say,Wanna see a short video ? Guess who won.Guess who lost. New filter was loose 1 full turn.Oil level was 1 Qt. over.After that, he figured he change the oil & filter again(while I'm watching) lol.Saying I'm sorry yada,yada,yada again. Talk about incompetent and lying to my face !!One thing good ,here, at the lake we have a site for ALL to post their good & bad business experiences.Anyone wanna buy a oil-change-shop ?

LOL! You get what you pay for, of course. And since I will have to do it myself anyways my time priceless and you can't afford me. Simple supply and demand. :laughing7:

Seriously, it's a problem with fixed wages. When you fix the bottom end of the labor rate the more statistically likely you are to receive service from a person not worth their wages. Changing oil ain't any different skill wise than flipping cheeseburgers. If that were my oil service shop I would would read the riot act to whomever wasted product overfilling your oil. That stuff ain't cheap.

Figure a quart of oil isells for $5, and minimum wage is about $10per/hour. If the dude filling oil is wasting a half quart a vehicle, and he is changing four vehicles an hour, the dude aint worth the oxygen he consumes so far as being employed.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD is your signature so big it takes up 2 screens ? heh

Sheesh :P

Or... does someone keep posting huge stuff ?

Have you drank so much rum you are starting to see clearly? It's been like that for months now. :tongue3:

OK OK It was time to change that up, also.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
But wait it gets even better......Part 2...... So I call the shop to complain to the manager,he says I'm sorry a 1,000 times and says, bring it in(I'll work on it). NOW by now I'm pumped and don't trust these guys,and I'm ready ! I arrive, the Mgr. pulls my Silverado over their oil change pit.(As he's doing that), I get into position w/my small camera where he can't see me,But zooming in (off a mirror) I can see & video him in the pit:)! .He comes out of the pit.I say was the filter loose ? He says no.I say really ? I say,Wanna see a short video ? Guess who won.Guess who lost. New filter was loose 1 full turn.Oil level was 1 Qt. over.After that, he figured he change the oil & filter again(while I'm watching) lol.Saying I'm sorry yada,yada,yada again. Talk about incompetent and lying to my face !!One thing good ,here, at the lake we have a site for ALL to post their good & bad business experiences.Anyone wanna buy a oil-change-shop ?
========

Roger, I had always been told that having TO much oil in the engine can be just as bad as not having enough. But upon further research, a little extra shouldn't be a problem.
Your engine's optimal maximum oil level is determined by filling up to where there is a safe gap between moving parts and the oil. What you put too much oil in your engine, you risk frothing the oil due to the crankshaft and connecting rods whipping air into it. The air bubbles in the oil will interfere with the oil's shear strength, which is what keeps metal parts from rubbing directly together. Not good.
Another problem is the additional oil splashing around the crankcase from the crankshaft and connecting rods whipping it up. It will coat the sides of the cylinder walls and could result in excessive oil consumption. In the worst case, carbon deposits from the burnt oil could cause the piston rings to stick, making oil consumption even worse and reducing power.
... but again, one quart is really not going to be enough for you to run into these problems. More than one quart is asking for trouble though.

This is really neither here or there, bottom line is that you took your vehicle to a service center to have a simple procedure done. The service attendant was negligent in his duties. How does one overfill a vehicle by that amount ? He couldn't read the manufacturers requirements ? Was the oil was filled by a machine which was improperly set to your specific vehicle requirements ? Either way, attendant failure. As a final step, you would have thought the attendant would have pulled the dipstick out and checked it just as a final inspection. Just plain sloppy work on that shop's part. All I can say is that I wish I was there when you took that video and then confronted them on their unethical work.. :icon_thumright:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
WD
Did you run Simon back to the Summer retreat cave with Tom?:laughing7:
========
I had to run back to the cave to pay the utility bill.
We had to dump the old one because of to many uninvited guests and it left us with no place to park :BangHead:

Our Last private island cave.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The entrance to our cave entrance.
entrance to our cave entrance.jpg
This is the cave entrance
our new cave entrance.png

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
My boat is on the left, Tom's is parked on the right. ( His way of compensating )
my boat on the left..Tom.s is on the right.jpg

Tom on "Final" approach
Tom on final approach.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom invited some of his friends over
Tom invited some of his friends over.jpg

I was showing my better half around and Tom stuck his nose, ( or snout ), in the shot.
Me with Tom poking his nose in.jpg
I was playing like Mr. Wilson on Tool Time by hiding behind my
hand 8-)

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Now...where did I park the car ?
Where did I park my car.gif
Yeah... I drink beer too.
Yes....and I drink beer too.gif

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I got this from Rook on the internet.jpg
I got this from Rook on the internet. He said since I was a lap dog this lap top would be the perfect size :icon_scratch:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Jack Daniel's and Old Crow do not mix well.gif
This is what happens when you mix Jack Daniel's with Old Crow :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Rook is safely back in the hands of his bride oops caught by my bride.jpg Spy cam caught Rook teasing RR's kitten :nono: Rook teasing RRs kitten.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread