THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning OV, ARC

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty you might know this one.
What type of music is it where there's mosh pits?

I think there are different kinds of metal that have those. I think those are stupid myself. Too wild, very chaotic. I was never into that, as I just like heavy riffs more than the actual singing.

My playlist is pretty goofy. It has everything from metal, to Civil War camp songs, to movie soundtracks, to 80s music, 50s music, and numerous other things in between. I like everything it seems except for modern pop.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think there are different kinds of metal that have those. I think those are stupid myself. Too wild, very chaotic. I was never into that, as I just like heavy riffs more than the actual singing.

My playlist is pretty goofy. It has everything from metal, to Civil War camp songs, to movie soundtracks, to 80s music, 50s music, and numerous other things in between. I like everything it seems except for modern pop.

Had a employee that was Goth and was into the pits. Never really thought too much of it at the time, other than "I Just don't get it" :dontknow:

Jesse was so likeable that he couldn't do anything wrong, so easy to work with-everyone's fav. it seemed.
Had this walk'/stride of rolling his step as he walked coming off the tip of the toes, so he looked like he elevated his tall body another 4" with every step.

Shortly after I sold/retired I received a call that he had been just rushed to the hospital. They had found him the bus shelter at the end of the street, drinking his usual morning coffee.
He had suffered an aneurysm, he had another 4/5 over the next day and was taken off life support.
The final report was that he had hundreds of these small ones in the brain-result of many hits over his short lifetime. Something like a football player would have getting head hits in the scrimmages.
The conclusion was the repeated mosh pits-home life of beatings before he moved into a shelter all contributed to cause.

Before we attended the service I called my foreman up and asked "What are you wearing to the service?"
Being that that Jesse and his lovely gal were so Goth-we had no idea.
He was sort thinking along the same line-really we had nothing to go on.
So we just went with a dress shirt and jeans, casual loafers. We arrived, and wow moment, did we stick out like the 3 odd ones.
Everyone had their best of best, impeccably dressed, piercing removed, no Goth to be seen.
I still remember that and a little life lesson also that we painted a picture in our minds of what we believed/perceived as their world-we were not even close.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

You can't always judge a book by the cover. At a pub I used to go to the waiters & waitresses mostly had tattoos and piercings.

I'd do my weekly pub outing there and was in my 50's at the time I got to know them and they'd drag me off with them at the end of their shift to some pub or other.

Great bunch of kids and I really enjoyed their company.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHAAAAAAT!!!
You don't like MMMmmbop!!?? :eek:

:tongue3:

Actually, you sound a lot like me double-R.

I've always said I don't have a favorite type of music. Just favorite pieces.

And They stem from Johnny Cash, to Neal Diamond to Beatles, Hanson, and the grand March from "Aida"!

A better way...IMLLTHO. :dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

You can't always judge a book by the cover. At a pub I used to go to the waiters & waitresses mostly had tattoos and piercings.

I'd do my weekly pub outing there and was in my 50's at the time I got to know them and they'd drag me off with them at the end of their shift to some pub or other.

Great bunch of kids and I really enjoyed their company.

So true Bill

We seem to be the world of not seeing past the little worlds we live in.
From spending 25 yrs in the GTA (Toronto) I quickly learnt that I was just one of 160+ other nationalities and being born in such a young country I knew poop about culture basically.

From buying and selling my whole life living by the street smarts/schooling of hard knocks I got pretty good at how things worked. It seemed that the bottom would want the hand out-the top wanted the envelope stuffed with a little green. Strange how 2 ends of the economic scale tugged at the purse strings.

From the hardcores to family guy recycling the cat food cans it made life really different everyday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions