THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since we're talking about the times we've accidentally maimed ourselves and stuff I think it's my turn, so when I was a little kid I used to play in the fire a lot alright? I would collect lead and aluminum and cast things just for the fun of it. Well one day I found a brick that had an "Ohio" indentation, I thought it was the perfect mold! I heated up my lead and poured it in, instead of just sitting there and cooling down like normal it made a crack about as loud as a small firecracker and the lead went flying everywhere, there were droplets and spatters of it stuck up and down my left arm and a bunch of little holes burned through my clothes. Ma wasn't too happy haha...

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since we're talking about the times we've accidentally maimed ourselves and stuff I think it's my turn, so when I was a little kid I used to play in the fire a lot alright? I would collect lead and aluminum and cast things just for the fun of it. Well one day I found a brick that had an "Ohio" indentation, I thought it was the perfect mold! I heated up my lead and poured it in, instead of just sitting there and cooling down like normal it made a crack about as loud as a small firecracker and the lead went flying everywhere, there were droplets and spatters of it stuck up and down my left arm and a bunch of little holes burned through my clothes. Ma wasn't too happy haha...

I did something similar, but with pine tar. I tried heating it up with a fire under a flat rock. I guess the rock had vapor in it, and the whole thing went off like a grenade.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Three weeks ago, my uncle was told he had three months to live. He was riddled with Liver, pancreatic and colon cancer. He died this morning.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart... thats why ya gotta carry super glue and duct tape in the ole tool kit.

:)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just the sort of place for a pirate to spend a vacation. ARC would like it but he'd have to change up his rum for raki.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Glad you narrowed down the site to the site where paydirt should be....here's wishing you a home run!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Condolences Rusty on the passing of your Uncle.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you bill....even the journey had a treasure today....quick spur of the moment stop payed off. 20210421_223054.jpg 20210421_223012.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty im sorry about your uncle....keep your chin up buddy !

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And another Good morning to the entire RCT Crew.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread