THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For the last 2 days I've been watching a big,old,smart, Buck out in a corner of an open field about 300 yds out.With his back to the woods (so he can smell & hear ) whats in back of him and vision of the open field in front of him.And houses just across the road that borders the field.:BangHead::BangHead:

So , are you just watching? Or , "watching"?

They are getting less cautious around here in Michigan as seeking phase has become locating earliest agreeable females.
Here I sit in the house , thinking 300 yards is doable.....

A great view for you regardless. Congrats!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So , are you just watching? Or , "watching"?

They are getting less cautious around here in Michigan as seeking phase has become locating earliest agreeable females.
Here I sit in the house , thinking 300 yards is doable.....

A great view for you regardless. Congrats!

Yeah 300 yards isn't the problem .The houses are the problem . 'Wilbur' (in 25.06 Cal.) just starts to wake up @ 300 yds :) 100 gr. hand loads deliver 1/2 ton FPE on the target @ 300 yards. I've dropped a few bucks and woodchucks w/it at 400-450 yds. 2011_1228Mttohuntdeer4th0067.JPG

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah 300 yards isn't the problem .The houses are the problem . 'Wilbur' (in 25.06 Cal.) just starts to wake up @ 300 yds :) 100 gr. hand loads deliver 1/2 ton FPE on the target @ 300 yards. I've dropped a few bucks and woodchucks w/it at 400-450 yds. View attachment 1768553

Well , howdy Wilbur!

I've a Ruger 77 heavy barrel varmint type in 25-06 that has been getting it done several years now.
Weighs a ridiculous amount , but sure shoots. It's weight on a rest helping my accuracy makes up for the labor of lugging it about.
100 grainers here too.

A Ruger in 77/.357 goes along after serious work is done. Like a feather in comparison. But a hundred yards is a stretch for me with it. 80 works though!
It compliments a revolver, after playing the don't bring the revolver and deer crowd me up close , bring it and deer sulk fifty plus yards out.
By that time I'm usually just watching though. Vs , "Watching..."

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buddy of mine has that Ruger 77 in 220 swift, that round is screaming ! And a tack driver if there's no wind

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20191105_160305.jpg made it to st. Augustine in a lighting storm....safe and secure now !! Castillo de san Marco is right next to us !! If it wasnt storming I'd be detecting the sea wall here at low tide !! Oldest city in america !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Dinners ready...come back...Johnsonsville Brats & peppers .Soaked, 3 days in frig w/beer.Served on hard roll ,topped w/ Parm cheese :occasion14: 003.JPG 009.JPG

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
made it to st. Augustine in a lighting storm....safe and secure now !!
Castillo de san Marco is right next to us !! If it wasnt storming I'd be detecting the sea wall here at low tide !! Oldest city in america !!
During the War of Northern Aggression, the Union occupied the Castillo, renamed it FORT MARION, and held Confederate POW's as well as sympathizers, including the father of Lola Sanchez, who mistaking believed that he was a Confederate spy.
Lola Sanchez, of Palatka on the St Johns River, was the Confederate spy, providing Union gunboat movements to CSA Capt J J Dickson, Florida's "swamp fox" of "Dixiesland", whose cavalry captured and sunk the USS Columbine and USS Ottawa gunboats at Horse Landing on the St Johns.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0404.jpg

Toyah style arrowhead I made today. Notching the lil' bugger was tough, but turned out okay.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0405.jpg

Another one, this one made of Hornstone, from Southern Kentucky.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the War of Northern Aggression, the Union occupied the Castillo, renamed it FORT MARION, and held Confederate POW's as well as sympathizers, including the father of Lola Sanchez, who mistaking believed that he was a Confederate spy.
Lola Sanchez, of Palatka on the St Johns River, was the Confederate spy, proving Union gunboat movements to CSA Capt J J Dickson, Florida's "swamp fox" of "Dixiesland", whose cavalry captured and sunk the USS Columbine and USS Ottawa gunboats at Horse Landing on the St Johns.

Never new that ecs....good stuff thanks !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening fellow pirates. It was a longer than usual swim today. ....where's the rum?

Well I guess we should be cautious when buying a Hyundai in the future, especially if a crab crawls out when you open the door to go for a test drive.

That's a really nice job on those Rusty.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Evening Msbeepbeep. Hope you had a good day.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, so, but thank you Rook.
I hope you had a good day also.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening fellow pirates. It was a longer than usual swim today. ....where's the rum?

Well I guess we should be cautious when buying a Hyundai in the future, especially if a crab crawls out when you open the door to go for a test drive.

That's a really nice job on those Rusty.

What ?

They aren't supposed to come with crabs ? ? ?

Hmmm...

***ARC shoos away the crabs"""

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread