THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211215_194415.jpg
20211215_194406.jpg
20211215_194434.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my metal detecting efforts were in vain today. Found a ton of junk iron and a old canning lid with the porcelain still intact. However something interesting did occur during that time. I had been looking towards where the old barn once stood and thought I saw someone walking I figured eh the land owner out and about checking his trees. Though as I'm looking whatever I saw passes behind a tree and never reappears I go investigate and no one to be found. It was odd my brain may have got tricked by the rows of trees but to me looked like I saw someone in all black walking with their head down. One of the stranger moments metal detecting I've experienced but I don't believe in the super natural so I'll check it off as my brain playing tricks on me in the orchard lol.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my metal detecting efforts were in vain today. Found a ton of junk iron and a old canning lid with the porcelain still intact. However something interesting did occur during that time. I had been looking towards where the old barn once stood and thought I saw someone walking I figured eh the land owner out and about checking his trees. Though as I'm looking whatever I saw passes behind a tree and never reappears I go investigate and no one to be found. It was odd my brain may have got tricked by the rows of trees but to me looked like I saw someone in all black walking with their head down. One of the stranger moments metal detecting I've experienced but I don't believe in the super natural so I'll check it off as my brain playing tricks on me in the orchard lol.
I thought you were going to tell us you caught a trespasser or transient or something.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you were going to tell us you caught a trespasser or transient or something.
Well when I saw it I figured it was the owner. A storm had knocked down a bunch of his trees and thought he was checking things up so I just kind of glanced thinking nothing of it. Looked back up and waited for a person to walk back out from behind the tree and no one did. Walked over there and there was absolutely no one around. Just was odd.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,
You definitely have to know what you're getting into. There was one that tempted us about 25 years ago facing the lake.

The main structural beam in the basement was broken also they had an electrical fire....it was only about $25,000 more at the time and probably twice as big as ours with a better location.

We chickened out probably should have paid a structural engineer to check it out to see what the structural costs would amount too. It's been completely renovated today and would probably go for about $1.5 million today so about double our place.
Water under the bridge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread