THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see where a week end warrior might get lost on the map shown View attachment 2022263 I guess if the cell service sucks it would end their ability to navigate one block off the main road. :laughing7:

We find folks wondering around on the property every year between May 15-Nov 15 totally lost, no idea, in flip flops, no water, got ticks latched to their throat, dogs needing water-not to mention them suffering from heat stroke.
Useless abilities in the rural setting, not an iota of simple "Sense of direction".

Find folks looking at their phone walking, instead of looking at the nature. Weird world.
Forest breathing is getting to be popular-so folks look at the phone-and experience nature. Like what the arf.
Oh thats nothing.....you put a bounty on them and people really start going deep to find them. These tegus are a relatively new problem.....the pythons have been hunted for awhile now, and they had people wandering deep into the everglades !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna take a pic of our newest little invaders today. They're quick and elusive little buggers. The red head Agami lizard.....they're e everywhere now !! Not sure if i spelled that right ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im gonna take a pic of our newest little invaders today. They're quick and elusive little buggers. The red head Agami lizard.....they're e everywhere now !! Not sure if i spelled that right ?
The climate is just lovely for the cold blooded creatures. They must find it's a smorgasbord of selection living in the new environment.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here they are
I want one please!
I'm tired of this unfriendly lizard.
Oh just let it go.
Problem solved.:laughing7:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone, been awhile since I've checked in. Sometime I get flustered with being social because it's always been hard for me to think of stuff to say so I always feel like I can't contribute to being social. Anxiety has been weird lately and tough on me and my grandmother passed right after Easter early in the morning. This was hard and my grandmother was a central figure to me. A lot of change is going to happen the land I've lived on forever and love will change hands the family home my grandparents built will be sold. My home no longer will be here so trying to deal with that. Had a terrible day yesterday tried to carry a lot of the burden for my mother and aunt by cleaning my grandmother house and putting stuff away so they'd not have to. Ended up being a crying mess as moving things, throwing away things would trigger tears. But I'd rather me carry that then they have to. Moving the blankets she passed in about killed me just the days have been rough but I'm still here. I greatly appreciate you all and have been so grateful for all of your kindness.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Hang in there JVA.
What you're going through with Grams effects and home changing is ....Part of life sometimes.
Sucks yes. But we adapt. How we adapt is in part out attitudes about change and looking for positives or negatives in the choices that arise.

Still bugs me the way Dad's estate went. But it went well all things considered. I wonder sometimes if I shouldn't have taken possession of the home he built and land with it.... Just not for me today , I guess. Though very near my hometown. And it would have been nice to have land outside the door instead of ten miles from home like here.

I was no longer as established there , and many things changed with time.
Still , "leaving" it after a final sit and checking out the trees ect. I'd been around on and off for over 40 years... confirmed change. Not bad. Not good.
More like simply realizing a lot of sand snuck through the hour glass when I was preoccupied elsewhere.
Where we lived during that time was just places . How we lived mattered more.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

Hang in there JVA.
What you're going through with Grams effects and home changing is ....Part of life sometimes.
Sucks yes. But we adapt. How we adapt is in part out attitudes about change and looking for positives or negatives in the choices that arise.

Still bugs me the way Dad's estate went. But it went well all things considered. I wonder sometimes if I shouldn't have taken possession of the home he built and land with it.... Just not for me today , I guess. Though very near my hometown. And it would have been nice to have land outside the door instead of ten miles from home like here.

I was no longer as established there , and many things changed with time.
Still , "leaving" it after a final sit and checking out the trees ect. I'd been around on and off for over 40 years... confirmed change. Not bad. Not good.
More like simply realizing a lot of sand snuck through the hour glass when I was preoccupied elsewhere.
Where we lived during that time was just places . How we lived mattered more.
Yeah I know it's part of life and can accept that but hard letting family history go so easy. But the estate will bring a good sum of money to my family not that I care about that I'd rather them kept the land in the family but not my place to argue it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I know it's part of life and can accept that but hard letting family history go so easy. But the estate will bring a good sum of money to my family not that I care about that I'd rather them kept the land in the family but not my place to argue it.
I hear ya on the loss of familier heritage type ground.

I've friends and a foster brother from Vietnam and the change of "ground" they went through pales in comparison to mine. Let alone culture and clime.

For all the crap that caused change what is recalled?
For one it was running around Saigon to the embassy carrying a grenade his mother had given him and all the craziness when the last flight left.
People tore up (so to speak) the embassy out of frustration.

For another it was recalling lovers sitting near the sea at sundown in more peaceful times.

And ...a kaleidoscope of different experiences for others over a period of time in a former life. Adapt and go forward best they can seemed the result for those that persevered. Makes moving around here trivial in comparison. (Though it doesn't make it seem casual when it's happening. L.o.l..)

My condolences on Grams passing.
Remembering her will be with you always. Keep it positive and keep part of her spirit with you , and apply it as wisely as she would have you do.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone, been awhile since I've checked in. Sometime I get flustered with being social because it's always been hard for me to think of stuff to say so I always feel like I can't contribute to being social. Anxiety has been weird lately and tough on me and my grandmother passed right after Easter early in the morning. This was hard and my grandmother was a central figure to me. A lot of change is going to happen the land I've lived on forever and love will change hands the family home my grandparents built will be sold. My home no longer will be here so trying to deal with that. Had a terrible day yesterday tried to carry a lot of the burden for my mother and aunt by cleaning my grandmother house and putting stuff away so they'd not have to. Ended up being a crying mess as moving things, throwing away things would trigger tears. But I'd rather me carry that then they have to. Moving the blankets she passed in about killed me just the days have been rough but I'm still here. I greatly appreciate you all and have been so grateful for all of your kindness.
Good hear from you John, was thinking about you and your family.
My sincerest condolences 🙏
Hard road travelled for all that have experienced the loss.
They say time heals all, but sometimes it just heals the raw.
The loss is still there, though today it isn't as painful.
Well done in stepping up and helping your mom and aunt through the loss of their mother. Not a easy task, the emotions are fragile and that's alright to let flow out as it's a healing process.
Best to you, and don't get wrapped up in the material side of the loss.
Just cherish the good memories as they can't be tossed or sold.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Top of the day RC
Thought for a moment you you referring to one of the pets.
Just just your pet tooth.
Mornin P.J.!

Yeah , my turn.
One of the little guys/dogs is getting his teeth pulled in a week or two , I forgot already.
He's the one that's been on the bed at night. (No , not the sick one.... He's doing better but not 100% yet. Plus a touch of Alzheimer's or whatever it is amid losing a lot of vision and hearing.)

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hear from you John, was thinking about you and your family.
My sincerest condolences 🙏
Hard road travelled for all that have experienced the loss.
They say time heals all, but sometimes it just heals the raw.
The loss is still there, though today it isn't as painful.
Well done in stepping up and helping your mom and aunt through the loss of their mother. Not a easy task, the emotions are fragile and that's alright to let flow out as it's a healing process.
Best to you, and don't get wrapped up in the material side of the loss.
Just cherish the good memories as they can't be tossed or sold.
Thank you very much, I know what is important. In regards to helping my mother and aunt I've seen them take enough taking some of the burden was the least I could do but that was a really rough day. I'll be leaving and getting out for a few day as it just feels empty around here.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin P.J.!

Yeah , my turn.
One of the little guys/dogs is getting his teeth pulled in a week or two , I forgot already.
He's the one that's been on the bed at night. (No , not the sick one.... He's doing better but not 100% yet. Plus a touch of Alzheimer's or whatever it is amid losing a lot of vision and hearing.)
So the days of a good chew are coming to an end.
Well a new beginning, gumming it, or wolfing it down.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to here the how much grief your going through JVA.....be strong for those around you and know we are all wishing you well.....God bless your grandmother !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
JVA5th, I am so sorry for your loss. You are not alone, most of us have gone through similar losses of our own as it is a part of life and you have our sympathies. It is tough and a hard process. Let the tears flow for it is part of the healing/coping. May you and your family find peace, strength and comfort during this time.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What WD said about crying is important,go right ahead. I,ve buried my parents,grandparents,8 aunts,same amount of uncles,2 cousins,my best friend and 2 young men I virtually raised.You,re not alone in your grief,we,re along with you and wish you well in your coping.I was raised not to cry,I CAN,T cry.I have to go somewhere and scream, it was once known as,keening!That,s how I cope.Try it if you want,it can,t hurt.Thinking of you and proud to call you friend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread