THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay I have lots to talk about from the weekend, but, alas , my son just called and he needs a bucket for fish. I guess he didn’t make a list this morning. Lol

MWC took a good pic of him Friday.

96B6E51E-899D-4DAA-84E2-CEFC34858CEB.jpeg

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning WD
Hope that you'll have sunshine and the prospect of chasing after a rainbow today.
Trout? For breakfast!?!?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday, before I went digging, I took a tray of my garden starter plants out to the table on my deck. There’s nothing out there, no awning or anything. All open. I step back into the house, grab another tray of plants and take it to the sink to water. A flipping tick fell from my head and landed in that catch all spot us ladies have, and I instantly started the screaming and swatting and cursing. Disbelief! Major melt down. It’s only April 23rd for crying out loud and the dang thing had to have been crawling on my house because there’s nothing else out there! Son of a biscuit! That’s happened to me once before and it ended up being a very bad summer of fighting ticks, I got swollen lymph nodes in my neck and sickly! I am not looking forward to that. I took out my frustration by burning the tick.
Fyi....ticks can be carried along...on the wind! :angry7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You are hereby known to all aboard as the "Rust Queen" :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: one day your gonna Be the person who finds a can of gold coins.....you've put in your time with all the rusty objects

Mornin all.

Danged yardwork..
Raked backyard yesterday and it about won the battle.
Would rather be playing.

W.D. , at least with all that old iron and the harrow tooth and sickle bar tooth , there has to be an old farm around there somewhere!
And the horse effluent dissipated over time , so you're not finding that.
:laughing7:

Congrats on the diggins!

Last year when the ground hog dug this bottle up, I started digging out his tunnel. I soon realized that this “cellar” has 2-3 feet of debris dumped in it.
6F2CE0B4-F5DA-404C-A1E7-22EE87035095.jpeg

2870C1B3-0DAA-4DD5-9593-6F288096093B.jpeg

Then a couple weeks ago, I went out past the sidewalk and imagined where there may have been cars parked back in the day. I got a rusty target and dug. It was about 18” deep. I hit gravel, like an old driveway. The light bulb finally went off. The evidence is there that this place burned. I thought it might have exploded because bricks are strewn everywhere. Now I am thinking that a farmer at some time between 38-100 years ago, knocked the remnants down and then spread it around and then put fill dirt on top of it. So, yeah, I have got layers of rusty crap to find, but I am not changing my username yet, Bart. Lol
Releventchair, thanks for the ID . It explains a lot because I have found a few harrow tooth spikes then , including one up at the campground. This farm has been a farm of crops and/cattle since 1832.

So my game plan has changed. I went to the west section of the foundation where I found this bottle a year or two ago.

C8EEBB34-3ED3-402A-8B3A-CB89189F0299.jpeg
I found a target and just started digging with a regular shovel and left the hole. I am just going to work on it little by little. Then I went down hill to the creek and did the same thing. That is where I found the harrow spike and the hook thing. So that’s what I did for Saturday.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday, before I went digging, I took a tray of my garden starter plants out to the table on my deck. There’s nothing out there, no awning or anything. All open. I step back into the house, grab another tray of plants and take it to the sink to water. A flipping tick fell from my head and landed in that catch all spot us ladies have, and I instantly started the screaming and swatting and cursing. Disbelief! Major melt down. It’s only April 23rd for crying out loud and the dang thing had to have been crawling on my house because there’s nothing else out there! Son of a biscuit! That’s happened to me once before and it ended up being a very bad summer of fighting ticks, I got swollen lymph nodes in my neck and sickly! I am not looking forward to that. I took out my frustration by burning the tick.
Burn Baby burn,die in agony you lousy tick!:BangHead: I hate ticks!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We've had the already. One was going up my pant leg, down by the mill pond. Max has had 4 latched, and we've got a few crawling up his legs.
Gross little arfers they are, I hate them.

Spring they crawl up on things that we use. Handles of anything, gas cans, tractor, seats of chairs.
Nothing is off the table when it comes to them trying to lat h on.
Any little itch, fly, mosquitoe I'm grabbing swatting, pinching, wacking myself silly till winter again.
Why do we like summer, everything is trying to suck me blood dry.
Black flies and mosquitoes are out now.
Swat-swat

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had the already. One was going up my pant leg, down by the mill pond. Max has had 4 latched, and we've got a few crawling up his legs.
Gross little arfers they are, I hate them.

Spring they crawl up on things that we use. Handles of anything, gas cans, tractor, seats of chairs.
Nothing is off the table when it comes to them trying to lat h on.
Any little itch, fly, mosquitoe I'm grabbing swatting, pinching, wacking myself silly till winter again.
Why do we like summer, everything is trying to suck me blood dry.
Black flies and mosquitoes are out now.
Swat-swat
Actually I hate summer,the humidity,the heat,the ticks,chiggers,mosquitoes,yard mowing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread