THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's crawl into the dark cave! Yeah!!!
il_340x270.526186934_oj3v.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At about 20 feet back.....similar thoughts crossed my mind !! Ill return soon with proper equipment.
Bring spare eyeglasses. Even if you don't wear glasses. Always bring glasses.
( And sunglasses for outdoor daytime non cave activities).
Leave them in the boat or in a pack if on foot near the water /distant from cave , and then at the cave entrance say , "go ahead. I forgot my glasses and I'll be right back.."

(Old gun builder at the shooting range with a new untested build and with a guest trick..)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning cap.....well ARC.....seems the RCT is fading.....only us local pirates are left here ?? Been pretty quiet here latley.....maybe its all of t-net thats dropping off ?? Even with all the upgrades, its hard to compete with those "other" platforms !! I've dropped way off on my posting, and its still just a few of us who come on and post every day. Maybe its just like the tide.....ebb and flow !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning cap.....well ARC.....seems the RCT is fading.....only us local pirates are left here ?? Been pretty quiet here latley.....maybe its all of t-net thats dropping off ?? Even with all the upgrades, its hard to compete with those "other" platforms !! I've dropped way off on my posting, and its still just a few of us who come on and post every day. Maybe its just like the tide.....ebb and flow !!
Yep... all is well though... like all things... this too shall pass :)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I called the eye glass place, and said that I'll be there first thing in the morning to switch my lens back to the old ones again.
Went Tuesday to have my eyes checked again, but it turned out it was to just check the lens to the prescription, and they claimed it was correct.
Well I'm not sure if any others have had shooting pain jabs to the eye before.
Had them very rarely in the past, maybe bright sunlight I'd get one or two. (sun off the snow)
But now I get 10-20 a hour :BangHead:

So since it's a road trip I might as well right the Friday off, drown my eye sorrows, and go and some new dirt.
Yup-that sounds like a perfect reason to meditate one's thoughts in a grassy field of hidden cellar holes.
Time to charge up the batteries again-an start day dreaming for the 24 hrs

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of it you're well on the way-so Greeti gs back to ya Trav,
Hope you're day is free of all that ails ya.
Thank you, my friend. The same back at you.
There is a story behind that "greetings and hallucinations" line.
It was going on 35 years ago and we were up on the Cherohala Skyway hiking up to Huckleberry Knob, which is a Bald just over a mile high. Super 360 degree views. Half way up there is a field with a plethora of wild flowers and wild strawberries in season. As we started across the field we passed an elderly gentleman with a Pith Helmet on and a lady with a Bonnet tied on her head. Unusual attire on the trail. As we passed them the man said, "Greetings and hallucinations, a beautiful day" and began to name the flowers around us as they slowly passed us. I was blown away by his quick wit and knowledge of the flowers around us. A few minutes later it struck me all at once. We had just met and passed on the trail Carson Brewer and his wife. That name means nothing to you, but he was very famous around here. He authored several books about hiking and the history of the mountains. He also wrote a column for the Knoxville News Sentinal. HE was the reason I started hiking after I read one of his books. An amazing man. I started to turn and run him down but I have this thing about personal space. My story for the day. Carson is long gone but his memories live on.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I called the eye glass place, and said that I'll be there first thing in the morning to switch my lens back to the old ones again.
Went Tuesday to have my eyes checked again, but it turned out it was to just check the lens to the prescription, and they claimed it was correct.
Had them very rarely in the past, maybe bright sunlight I'd get one or two. (sun off the snow)

So since it's a road trip I might as well right the Friday off, drown my eye sorrows, and go and some new dirt.
Yup-that sounds like a perfect reason to meditate one's thoughts in a grassy field of hidden cellar holes.
Sorry for your troubles pepper. Hope it turns out well for you in the end.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

It's better weather out in some regions.
Some folks stepping back from media and the internet more too.
Not always a bad thing.

I'm not going to dig into traffic on this site to study if this threads reductions are related.
Ebb and flow makes more sense!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

That ain't right.
And should not be ignored.
Optometrist and glasses may not relate to what's causing the pain.
A variety of things can be , from simple infection(s) to worse.
One of a couple types of glaucoma for example.
Or even Newcastle disease from chicken poop dust. But you'd have pink eye probably from it.

You've had trauma to the head. Not sure I'd bring that up till a diagnosis is determined , but if a doctor asks you're obliged to.

Have a great hunt. No snow or ice to pound through! Yeah!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, my friend. The same back at you.
There is a story behind that "greetings and hallucinations" line.
It was going on 35 years ago and we were up on the Cherohala Skyway hiking up to Huckleberry Knob, which is a Bald just over a mile high. Super 360 degree views. Half way up there is a field with a plethora of wild flowers and wild strawberries in season. As we started across the field we passed an elderly gentleman with a Pith Helmet on and a lady with a Bonnet tied on her head. Unusual attire on the trail. As we passed them the man said, "Greetings and hallucinations, a beautiful day" and began to name the flowers around us as they slowly passed us. I was blown away by his quick wit and knowledge of the flowers around us. A few minutes later it struck me all at once. We had just met and passed on the trail Carson Brewer and his wife. That name means nothing to you, but he was very famous around here. He authored several books about hiking and the history of the mountains. He also wrote a column for the Knoxville News Sentinal. HE was the reason I started hiking after I read one of his books. An amazing man. I started to turn and run him down but I have this thing about personal space. My story for the day. Carson is long gone but his memories live on.

E. Tenn. .
And the Appellations. (Misspelling /wrong word intentional.)

Yes he did write . And influenced conservation for it's and histories sake.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E. Tenn. .
And the Appellations. (Misspelling /wrong word intentional.)

Yes he did write . And influenced conservation for it's and histories sake.
My favorite book by him was "Valley So Wild (A Folk History). It is an account of the history and traditions of the Little Tennessee River and the people that have lived along it's shores and valleys. I read that book and one weekend traced the Little Tennessee from it's beginning in Rabun Gap, Georgia to it's mouth at Lenoir City, Tennessee. I grew up hunting and fishing and playing along the shores of the river. I sat on a hill in Loudon County, Tennessee one day in the late 70s, the day they dammed the river and watched the water rise and drown much of that history.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite book by him was "Valley So Wild (A Folk History). It is an account of the history and traditions of the Little Tennessee River and the people that have lived along it's shores and valleys. I read that book and one weekend traced the Little Tennessee from it's beginning in Rabun Gap, Georgia to it's mouth at Lenoir City, Tennessee. I grew up hunting and fishing and playing along the shores of the river. I sat on a hill in Loudon County, Tennessee one day in the late 70s, the day they dammed the river and watched the water rise and drown much of that history.
He did write about the T.V.A..

I trust you've digested the FOXFIRE series? (Not meaning to detract from Brewer but you mentioned Rabun Gap. (!)
Foxfire was/is a fantastic origin of purpose , and mission in not only preserving some history and knowledge , but in breeching generational gaps ;and getting students inspired in the process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions