THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I once had several pet iguanas, most of the time that had their run on the house. Because they need direct sunlight to process A-D vitamins. While at work I put them in an outdoor cage, during the winter on days that are at least 70 degrees.
I had gotten home, when the doorbell rang, ot was two ladies with AWAKE and WATCHTOWER in their hands, when said, "Look at that big lizard".
It was Moe, my male iguana, who somehow got out of the cage, who ran directly up my oak treeIt appeared that someone had released the slide bolt on the cage. My female was still on a limb in the cage.
I tried hosing Moe down, but he just climbed higher into the tree.
Two days later, it was a hard freeze and stayed cold for several days, and he fell from tree. He was frozen solid, and I could hold him by his tale like an iguanasicle.
I called my vet, who told me to fill the tub with warm water and put Moe in to bring him out of hibernation. A few hours later, he was back to his green normal self.

This is what you get when you put iguana popsicle in a search engine,......

pop.jpg

LOL

Those look great Rusty,......

I have learned "so much" from you guys posting and talking about the finer things.

Oh and Rusty,.... I have info about the stock market,.....

Young guy working here in the building,........
Been at it for over a year,.... 100% into it,.....

We spend breaks and lunch together every day and talk about the market,......

I could give you an earful.

You want me to lay it out here?

Soon, My brain can't handle it tonight. Not that it handles much anyway. :icon_scratch:

Political forum has me fuming today. Don't be surprised if I end up getting banned. :laughing7: :angry4:

Hey! I left some of my best stuff in there! But without the leftists and with no OddJob it just wasn't as entertaining as it used to be so I let my membership lapse.

But, if you need reserves maybe I can sign on for another tour...

Those look great Rusty,......

I have learned "so much" from you guys posting.

Oh and Rusty,.... I have info about the stock market,.....

Young guy working here in the building,........
Been at it for over a year,.... 100% into it,.....

We spend breaks and lunch together every day and talk about the market,......

I could give you an earful.

You want me to lay it out here?

Be careful back here. Most of the the time it’s fun. Wouldn’t want someone to loose money.

What the heck , you been swillin caffeinated soda's again?:nono:

No... it's because my 8th grade math teacher drove me to insanity teaching me this stuff. I've been terrified of math, and everything to do with it, including terms and definitions. I like simple business math though.

In order to buy a $25 bottle, I need to sell a $25 arrowhead. Boom. I like that kinda math. :laughing7:

The markets are up and down each day. In America. If you day trade be careful. If you are in retirement, diversification is the only way to go in my humble opinion.

rook,

Given Rusty's age he should be ok. Coke, Amazon and the likes will be around for quite a long time yet.

We'd never steer him into anything risky. I stick pretty much exclusively to blue chip stocks. And like you say diversify and that rule applies at any age.

Rusty,

So what's a bottle like that one worth?

There are three variants to this bottle. The cobalt blue variant is the most common, and you'd be lucky to get a $1 for it. The teal version is pretty rare, and that would get you about $45 give or take. I dug the Cornflower blue variant, which is rare as well. Est. value would be about $30.

Good night Tnet Scallywags...

gotta get horizontal and watch some boob tube...

something about some guys chasing treasures...

and fade out into oblivions seas.

Bill
As we all know here one can be only steered in the right direction by his or her parents whether it be financially or otherwise. Fortunately I inherited Amazon.:laughing7: Thank you. Please be seated.:laughing9:

Good night Tnet Scallywags...

gotta get horizontal and watch some boob tube...

something about some guys chasing treasures...

and fade out into oblivions seas.

Watchin' what now? :laughing7:

Lol, I worked my stern off this morning with 'most nothing to show for it trying to help my old man make some cabinets for his bathroom. There is just no helping him! But anyways my younger kite boarding brother visits and shows me this little black fossil he found on the beach near his house. He says he spent three hours last night surfing the interwebs trying to identify it. I say, "give me a minute". Three minutes later I'm showing him interwebs photos of the same parrot fish mouth plate fossil he found. He was practically dumb struck! Then he tells me he was up all night trying to make a detailed description of the "tooth" he found, and wanted to know what I seached for. So I told him- "fossil Florida beach".

Aargh! If you be needing to search the interwebs, keep it vague!

rook,

Well whatever stock investment experience I got was self taught. Coming from a blue collar background buying stocks wasn't on the radar when I was a kid....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I've learned over the years that pretty much every lesson I learned that stuck came from the school of hard knocks.:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Bill
As we all know here one can be only steered in the right direction by his or her parents whether it be financially or otherwise. Fortunately I inherited Amazon.:laughing7: Thank you. Please be seated.:laughing9:

Been binging on the masterclass videos of Wolfgang Puck. Have to admit how these high end chefs play with different ingredients and seasonings is pretty impressive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back