THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey morning everybody!

wake up.JPG

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sanman,
Belated good morning to you on the left coast. Early afternoon where I'm located.

Morning bill,......

how about posting a ,......

A chile recipe,... wait, is that spelled right?

"How many minutes to the pound when cooking a Pinochet?"

Augusto-Pinochet.jpg

LOL

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SanMan, I learned long ago that there is more to gun fit than just geometry versus anatomy.

My first 28ga. Was a IZH 27 from Russia. Picked it up on a whim for about $250 with the lever still right of center. After about 15,000 shells of mostly sporting clays and skeet with a few ducks and partridge it threw the bottom barrel ejector. No American gunsmith would work on it. When I tried to replace it I found that Remington had started importing them and after looking at several quality control could only be desribed as "grim". That along with the new and improved Remington price tag of $600, twice the Russian Baikal price tag, the new ones didn't fit me at all. Nothing wrong with the geometry, it just plain didn't fit me.

Now all I got for 28ga. is a cheap Stoeger SxS. Meh, it works and I don't worry about throwing in the bottom of a muddy skiff. :laughing7:

I'm glad you found a shotgun that fits you. Browning makes a fine firearm.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

I was going to give you another lesson in stock investing but I'm thinking a bit to advanced for you at this stage of the game.

I bought 300 shares of Spirit Airlines for 41.97 it took a bit of a bounce up to about 42.50 or so. So I wrote 3 covered call options for February 21st at a strike price of $45.00.

So the buyer of the option paid me about $120 per option so $360 in total for the guarantee that I'd sell the shares to him/her at $45.00 until February 21st.

So if the shares rise enough during that time that the buyer can make money exercising the option the shares get called away. I make about $900 profit on the shares plus about another $360 for the option premium.

If the shares stay below the $45.00 level or go down the options expire worthless and I keep the $360 profit and I still have the shares.

Either way I can live with the results.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YouTubed, uncle bill move to the free world

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sent from a dark cave in Afghanistan

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SanMan, I learned long ago that there is more to gun fit than just geometry versus anatomy.

My first 28ga. Was a IZH 27 from Russia. Picked it up on a whim for about $250 with the lever still right of center. After about 15,000 shells of mostly sporting clays and skeet with a few ducks and partridge it threw the bottom barrel ejector. No American gunsmith would work on it. When I tried to replace it I found that Remington had started importing them and after looking at several quality control could only be desribed as "grim". That along with the new and improved Remington price tag of $600, twice the Russian Baikal price tag, the new ones didn't fit me at all. Nothing wrong with the geometry, it just plain didn't fit me.

Now all I got for 28ga. is a cheap Stoeger SxS. Meh, it works and I don't worry about throwing in the bottom of a muddy skiff. :laughing7:

I'm glad you found a shotgun that fits you. Browning makes a fine firearm.

Thank you DS, your a good guy.

I remember a little about that unit, back when everything was different,.....

Typical Russian workmanship.

I've seen the inside of their watches, "burrs hanging", plain bearing, no jewels.

But they run.

Their machinery is coarse, heavy, and practically indestructible.

Two things here,.........

If you use a 28 ga you're a hell of a shot.
Hats off to you.

Second I can recommend something that I and others in my group all did well with.

I just not sure if it was produced in 28 ga,...............

The "SKB" fixed chokes, with the chrome bores.

The new ones are expensive, I talking about a used one that has seen plenty of use,
a blued one, I guess 26"/ 28" barrels full / mod.

It is well worth to keep your eyes peeled at gun shows, or when ever you can walk the racks of used
rifles and shotguns. It would very likely be a 20 or a 12,......

Precision machined and fitted in Japan.

A long time ago they were a secret, reasonable price, excellent quaility.

Bad story:

A so called friend, from the business next door, asked,
"hey you have an FFL", "can you go pick up a couple of things at an auction I went to?"

I say, "What auction?"

He says, "a huge Hollywood prop house, were in business for over 50 years"

So I drive there,...... there was fantastic items everywhere!

Anything you could think of, tons of "Vintage items"

It was unreal!

Then I go over to the firearms, the auction is over mind you, there were at least
a half a dozen SKB's in the racks,.......

You know what this guy bid on?

One of those single barrel 12 ga that are common as dirt.

So I ask him,.... "Why didn't tell me about this auction!!!!"

I'm the one with the FFL !!

He says, "I just didn't think about it"

All kinds of Colts and quick draw rigs tons of western themed,....

I'm making my self sick again.

I asked around, those SKB's went for about $200 each.

This happened in 1996

Still unhappy as hell about it

SKB STORY:
https://www.skbshotguns.com/about-skb/the-skb-story

SKB mod. 600 12 ga

SKB 500.jpg

SKB mod. 500 20 ga

SKB 500 20 .jpg

I actually found a way,.........

1970's Vintage Ithaca SKB Model 600 O/U Skeet Grade
3 Gauge Set w/ Leather Luggage Case
** Classy 20, 28, & .410 Gauge Set **

1970and-39-s-Vintage-Ithaca-SKB-Model-600-O-U-SkeetSKB-Grade-3-Gauge-Set-w-Leather-Luggage-Case-.jpg

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/ithaca-shotguns/1970--39-s-vintage-ithaca-skb-model-600-o-u-skeet-grade-3-gauge-set-w--leather-luggage-case----------------classy-20--28-----410-gauge-set---.cfm?gun_id=101219652

At least that proves they turned out some 28 ga units.

Worth it if you have a chance to throw one to your shoulder,......

You may like the fit.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When is someone gonna send me a lever action 30-30?

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When is someone gonna send me a lever action 30-30?

I made mine up like an old school unit...... curved but plate, peep sight.

I like old style and vintage style stuff.

winchester 98.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread