THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all.

I tilled the garden yesterday and managed to lose a small hitch pin from one of the sway bars on the tractor. You'd think a guy with a fancy metal detector could find a hitch pin in a garden. Nope. I'll probably find it embedded in a potato this fall.

I did find a giant rusty lag screw, though. Glad that didn't wind up in a tire. And a ridiculous amount of can slaw that I had no idea was out there. How it got there, I've no clue.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning wood and brick workers!
I bought a Logosol chainsaw mill and a Stihl 660 magnum with 24” and 36” bars about 20 yrs ago. I mainly used it to slab walnut for gunstocks. We lost 2 ash trees last yr and we took down a huge messy pecan tree. I slabbed them all and have a barn full of wood. I never made much dimensional lumber on it but it is capable of it. No regrets at all and would buy it again.

Those logosol do look like a nice little rig. When I was slabbing I set up my 10” worm drive circular saw on a track to make dimensional lumber. Toss it up on a slab and rip them up. Unfortunately that saws so dang heavy it’s hardly useful for anything else. That table I posted is ash. Pretty wood but completely useless for anything exterior grade. It turns to mush in about a year. Crazy

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those logosol do look like a nice little rig. When I was slabbing I set up my 10” worm drive circular saw on a track to make dimensional lumber. Toss it up on a slab and rip them up. Unfortunately that saws so dang heavy it’s hardly useful for anything else. That table I posted is ash. Pretty wood but completely useless for anything exterior grade. It turns to mush in about a year. Crazy
That's a big worm drive.
Going to clean this up a tad and sell it thus year.
Sharpening especially.
20210818_165025.jpg
20210818_165257.jpg

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a big worm drive.
Going to clean this up a tad and sell it thus year.
Sharpening especially. View attachment 2144393 View attachment 2144394
A beam saw! One of the best! A guy I work with has one.
Spendy too...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions