THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm missing out right now on some great goings on up there. Coins, intact onion bottles, and emeralds in the last month by my friends. Right now is the best time to hunt the treasure coast....prime conditions with these cold fronts. Alot of this crew dosent say much about there finds but I get a trickle here and there from them.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been researching some old charts....there was this one key that I never saw a name for. Well today I finally looked at a chart that had a name for it.....GOLD KEY....!! And there is deep water right to the shore. Just the deep water close to shore is enough to go check it out. Now some obscure chart has it listed as gold key. I can feel this little key calling me !! I see high ground in the middle from Google earth. I get a good vibe on this one...I dont think anyone has been up in here in a long long time.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200211-230747_Maps.jpg
Holy cow this little key looks interesting ! Note the deep water running very close to shore and high ground. Almost positive it would have been used by various groups. Indians, spanish, wreckers, pirates, settlers....who knows. It's the high ground next to deep water.....that's was the most desirable place to settle, camp, or moor your vessel. How did it get the name gold key ?? Worth a look !!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet that was a great feeling to find that missing name ! I like that when researching, makes you feel like maybe you aren't just spinning your wheels.

On a sad not Bart, I just saw our forecast for Thursday night into Friday morning................ we will have a windchill between -25 and -30. I get brain freeze at 50 degrees so guess I have to go into hibernation.

Before you leave for the Bahamas, please make sure you have Mountain Dew and coffee in your live bait wells just in case :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold Key does look interesting and what you say about the deep water next to high ground would make logical sense for an ideal location to moor.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200211_232029.jpg any pirate would moor his boat right where the blue squiggly line is. The yellow circle shows high ground.....perfect for a camp site.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's cold.....I'll send warm pics as soon as I get a chance.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm off to dream about gold key....see ya simon. Good night.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning folks.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Well I don't remember how many years ago it was but he had found a high end Rolex watch which if memory serves me correctly wasn't registered with the owner's name. So no easy way of tracking down the owner.

Well a bunch of folks were all over him that he should jump through all kinds of hoops to try to find out who lost it. I posted up that Gary was the finder and it was his call as to if/when he decided to try and find the owner not theirs. I believe that's around the time I added him to my buddy list on tnet. Because of the various attacks don't believe he even posts here anymore.

He does have his own website though which probably is the best way to reach him.

I like and respect drayton quite a bit....definitely his career is a good model to follow. I would love to treasure hunt full time....and earn a living from it....I think a lot of guys on t-net would love to treasure hunt as a full time job !! I think if I do this it will open some doors for opportunity in more than one feild. I look forward to more contacts and treasure projects if things work out. I'll have to email him. Man some people love to hate him here on t-net....I think hes living out his dream and doing what he loves !!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning bill, ARC, rook, simon, and RR.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on page 200

Top Member Reactions