THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is when they edit stuff to make it seem more intense then it ever could be...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys on Oak Island make me yawn...

Bumps on a log have more personality. heh

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is when they edit stuff to make it seem more intense then it ever could be...

Agreed... they get all intense like its going to be some "epic revelation"... THEN COMMERCIAL... to keep you tuned in of course... but sheesh they come back with some crapola that definitely would have mde me go ahead and turned the channel...

S they wasted my TV time. :P

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,

Well for what it's worth I pretty much swore off tv and most of the video content I watch comes courtesy of youtube. That involves mostly recipes, music, gardening, history and other instructional type videos.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That "static" camera effect and shots is LAME ! ! !

LAME with a capitol LAME>!

I mean what idiot thought that was going to be "cool" ? ? ?

F**king hurts my eyes and almost brings on a headache... but I change it before it reaches that point.

I often see these and think about people that might even have seizures due to that "strobing" effect.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
many "quick shots" on these shows leave no chance for your eyes to adjust or really focus on the content.

I find myself trying to look at something they are showing ... and just when I am about to really see it... they change the shot. :/

I mean wtf is that all about anyway ?

If you are gonna tell the story and show the story... SHOW IT ! ! !

Not just "glimpses". heh

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Folks I must "vent"...

Has / does anyone else ever found some of these shows that are on discovery or other channel's... "interesting BUT annoying" ?

What I mean is... the content of the show is great... but the way the show is put together over all... SUCKS ARSE !

Bad camera work... bad editing... repeat view and dialog over and over same thing or same but slightly different... as if they are just trying to "stretch and fill the hour.

Listen...

I have LITTLE TO NO patience for repeating... let alone over and over.

AND... this "flashing" of camera shots is annoying and painful to the eyes.

I have started to avoid some of these shows that I would watch were they produced correctly.

Some of the voices guiding the show suck and put me to sleep... almost annoy me as well.

Sorry...

Just had to share / vent.

I feel ya 100% THEY SUCK! Not to mention that they are all staged as well.

Take those Alaskan Bush people for instance. They have millions of dollars in royalties pouring in every year. Do you really think they live in some shack in the middle of nowhere and act like wild animals?

Moonshiners is also staged. They aren't actually making and selling moonshine, they are just using water during filming! Not to mention they are recognizable, there name is out there, what kind of truck they drive, and what county they work in.

Life Below Zero is bull too. Staged, bad acting, and the folks portrayed as "rugged bush people" are millionaires.

Pawn Stars, Boring.

Ancient Aliens, what is that on the History Channel for?

Any documentary they put on there has bad acting, and worse actors, with s*** camera work and lighting.

About the only show I enjoy on Nat Geo is Drugs Inc., which coincidentally, has given me a big fear of needles. I can't even look at a needle anymore without twitching and cringing.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel ya 100% THEY SUCK! Not to mention that they are all staged as well.

Take those Alaskan Bush people for instance. They have millions of dollars in royalties pouring in every year. Do you really think they live in some shack in the middle of nowhere and act like wild animals?

Moonshiners is also staged. They aren't actually making and selling moonshine, they are just using water during filming! Not to mention they are recognizable, there name is out there, what kind of truck they drive, and what county they work in.

Life Below Zero is bull too. Staged, bad acting, and the folks portrayed as "rugged bush people" are millionaires.

Pawn Stars, Boring.

Ancient Aliens, what is that on the History Channel for?

Any documentary they put on there has bad acting, and worse actors, with s*** camera work and lighting.

About the only show I enjoy on Nat Geo is Drugs Inc., which coincidentally, has given me a big fear of needles. I can't even look at a needle anymore without twitching and cringing.

Agreed.

I like the Drugs Inc. one as well... smugglers... locked up abroad.

I was referring to these "treasure hunter" ones... and underground one etc.

I also like Bar Rescue.... love that guy :)

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Agreed.

I like the Drugs Inc. one as well... smugglers... locked up abroad.

I was referring to these "treasure hunter" ones... and underground one etc.

I also like Bar Rescue.... love that guy :)

Treasure hunters? More like Indiana Jones wannabes. I've found more historical evidence in my front yard with an MXT, than those guys have with their TV shows.

Are Pepsi cans evidence of past civilizations? :icon_scratch:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
ARC, I am sorry you are sick and delierious, but on the other hand, it seems you are more chatty today.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beeps, good to hear from you. I am sorry you are sick (and sick of your peeps), also. I would like to say, as far as I am concerned, you do not have to give every one of my posts a "like." I know how time consuming that is, especially on a tablet/phone. I would rather you have more time posting a comment or two. 8-)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ARC,

Well for what it's worth I pretty much swore off tv and most of the video content I watch comes courtesy of youtube. That involves mostly recipes, music, gardening, history and other instructional type videos.

That's two of us bill. TV sucks. Mostly stuff that doesn't work for me. A lot of underlining propaganda in the major networks shows these days. Although I try to stay middle of the road.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning GB, WD, bill, Toecutter and RR. I THINK THATS RIGHT. ARC, hope you're better.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Johnwick
Who invaded?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013