THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since some of the crew are on the squeamish side this is the recipe we'll be doing with that salmon I cooked up yesterday.

A nice white wine and butter sauce with a home made salad with my own dressing.

If the shelves start getting bare maybe those fish heads won't look so bad after all.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

https://www.mangiabenepasta.com/ravioli_salmon_filled.html

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's been a curious kind or run on toilet paper around here, along with the usual face mask and hand sanitizer. I think I am going to invest in some Tyvek suits. Should be able to double my money easy, unless Uncle Sam seizes them claiming eminent domain.

I'm not worried yet. The banks can close and I'm not worried, not until the liquor stores close, then I'll worry.

And I hardly ever dirink. Not ever on New Years on st. patty day.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Since some of the crew are on the squeamish side this is the recipe we'll be doing with that salmon I cooked up yesterday.

A nice white wine and butter sauce with a home made salad with my own dressing.

If the shelves start getting bare maybe those fish heads won't look so bad after all.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

https://www.mangiabenepasta.com/ravioli_salmon_filled.html

That must be some secret recipe, Bill. I clicked on the link and got : WARNING POTENTIAL SECURITY RISK

:tongue3::laughing9:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually Bill, I'm re-planning for a bigger garden this year.

Already my fruit trees are in bloom. Apricot, Peaches, Pears... All doing good. My list for things I want to grow are green beans, sugar snap peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, sweet corn, onions, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, Watermelons and a few other things for good measure. I usually do that, but on a smaller scale.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
There's been a curious kind or run on toilet paper around here, along with the usual face mask and hand sanitizer. I think I am going to invest in some Tyvek suits. Should be able to double my money easy, unless Uncle Sam seizes them claiming eminent domain.

I'm not worried yet. The banks can close and I'm not worried, not until the liquor stores close, then I'll worry.

And I hardly ever dirink. Not ever on New Years on st. patty day.

Yea, what is it about the TP?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
...That in traffic the guy in front of you is sightseeing, while the guy behind you wants to race?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
...That companies invariably wait until a guys retirement party to tell him what a fantastic guy he is?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
How about some humor?

0afd1e175097a65e.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Already my fruit trees are in bloom. Apricot, Peaches, Pears... All doing good. My list for things I want to grow are green beans, sugar snap peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, sweet corn, onions, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, Watermelons and a few other things for good measure. I usually do that, but on a smaller scale.

What variety of blueberry do you grow RR?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not that kind Worldpicker.:laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Rusty, I tried a garden once. The deer ate everything, even the watermelon. Mr WD said it wasn't a garden, it was a feeding plot. :laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Right after I got out of the service in May 1984, I came back to Ohio. I wasn't home for a couple of weeks and had to go to the doctors. So, I take the bus into Dayton. There's this very handsome 25 - something guy on the back of the bus. He caught my eye as soon as I stepped on the bus. He noticed me also, because I had uncontrollable tears running down my face. Next thing I know, he comes up and puts his arm around me and squeezes me. After a minute or so he asks, "Isn't there anything I can do to make you stop crying?" I replied, "No, it's hay fever, but you can keep trying."

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Check out some of the videos on permaculture it's amazing how much you can grow using that method. On the vegetable side of things search for videos on square foot gardening same deal there lots of produce in a compact space. You can grow up to 10 times the produce in the same space versus standard commercial farms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread