THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine the piles of treasure that were brought ashore here from the capitana of the 1733 fleet !! I have the manifest from that ship, and most of what was listed would have been stored here until shipment back to havana. There are at least 2 anomalies off shore here too. When I say offshore I mean only 100 yards from the beach. I may have to work this myself....dont know who I can trust to show the spot to and help me.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bill....some how I got 2 likes from you on the same post....never saw that before ??

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Imagine the piles of treasure that were brought ashore here from the capitana of the 1733 fleet !! I have the manifest from that ship, and most of what was listed would have been stored here until shipment back to havana. There are at least 2 anomalies off shore here too. When I say offshore I mean only 100 yards from the beach. I may have to work this myself....dont know who I can trust to show the spot to and help me.

...but will there be Bezoar Stones?
They will cure what ails you!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boys down south are pushing for me to take the lead salvage role (diving) on the "Isaac Allerton" 1846. Thousands of bottles on this wreck. Ivory handled tooth brushes last week. I would even be able to keep a majority of the artifacts with some going to the wrecker museum in keywest. Could be a dream come true for me. My own wreck to salvage on. Wow....I'll go and meet with them next week !! Amazing how one phone call can change all your plans !! I'm swamped in treasure hunting opportunities right now....not a bad problem to have. Funny how many eyes are really watching you when you dont know it. Whenever I post a treasure coin on line my phone starts to ring with opportunities !! Its a what have you found lately world when it comes to treasure. All these ops want an underwater detectorist with some experience. If your good underwater they will actually track you down with offers. That being said.....when I'm alone I keep it all.....no splits with anyone !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but will there be Bezoar Stones?

I actually found one from the 1715 fleet ECS !! Eyeballed in the shell piles at corrigans beach site !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well enough gibberish....
It's time to hunt the low tide cobb spot.....theres treasure on those beaches....I'm outta here....talk to ya guys later.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are missing rook....hope he didnt go down with the old ship ??

Rook is on short vacation for posting inappropriate memes on family friendly forum.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta find a different club,this ones getting too rich 4 me :) Brand stinking new 3.7 600 hp. 300K 004.JPG 009.JPG 012.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in the cheap seats section 023.JPG 017.JPG 022.JPG 013.jpg 024.JPG 018.JPG 025.JPG 001.JPG

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a special new spot.....its been 15 years of tracking back stories and legends. At least 5 different stories in the same location within a half mile stretch of shoreline. It all started in 87 when my neighbor was building a sea wall.....they dug up many 8 reale cobbs from 1733 fleet. Over the years I've done some scouting in the general area, and one major discovery was a fresh water spring on one of the properties. This is a salvage camp for the fleet that is undocumented or never explored. This is the type of spot where coins are found fused together in large clumps. My neighbor is saying I should get down there while winds are still off shore. Trying to find a partner for this one as it's a 30 mile boat ride one way. Art McKee also made a gold portrait coin find here in the 50s. Another old time found onion bottles and a clump 0f 50 + cobbs in a clump lying in plain sight on the rocks here....no metal detector...only eyeballs. This is the salvage camp for the capitana and el infante. This one will be a big one for me someday soon.....just got to get on the trail of cobbs. Hopefully I can mount an assault on this treasure spot !!

If anyone can find em its U:)! Hope you Hit the BIG one :)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a special new spot.....its been 15 years of tracking back stories and legends. At least 5 different stories in the same location within a half mile stretch of shoreline. It all started in 87 when my neighbor was building a sea wall.....they dug up many 8 reale cobbs from 1733 fleet. Over the years I've done some scouting in the general area, and one major discovery was a fresh water spring on one of the properties. This is a salvage camp for the fleet that is undocumented or never explored. This is the type of spot where coins are found fused together in large clumps. My neighbor is saying I should get down there while winds are still off shore. Trying to find a partner for this one as it's a 30 mile boat ride one way. Art McKee also made a gold portrait coin find here in the 50s. Another old time found onion bottles and a clump 0f 50 + cobbs in a clump lying in plain sight on the rocks here....no metal detector...only eyeballs. This is the salvage camp for the capitana and el infante. This one will be a big one for me someday soon.....just got to get on the trail of cobbs. Hopefully I can mount an assault on this treasure spot !!

30 mile boat ride ? Hope its not in the direction of Bahama , cause it might not be there anymore

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with the crew. Heh the guy with the biggest wallet doesn't have any more fun than the bottom feeders and that pretty much applies to any hobby or pastime. Been there and done that with my collecting interests also I put a reasonable limit on what I can spend and still have a great time.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, so rook posted bird pics, with no feathers.
Tsk, tsk, he knows better.

Its ok HP, i can float along side.
Maybe a plunger that i can stick to the ship and hang onto.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and good luck Bart!
Hope the finds are awesome!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with the crew. Heh the guy with the biggest wallet doesn't have any more fun than the bottom feeders and that pretty much applies to any hobby or pastime. Been there and done that with my collecting interests also I put a reasonable limit on what I can spend and still have a great time.

Thanks Bill.He seemed to be a cool guy.He hung around the Cobras most of the time shooting the Bull.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We can still act up a little with the music and be rebellious without pushing the rules.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions