THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying some new 2X caffeine coffee.....not the best taste but it's got some pepp to it !

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Back in a minute. Chow time.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound like an opportunity to look for a kettle of coins !!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wazz up GB....when you gonna post up some finds for us to look at !! Happy hunting buddy !!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah bart
We've got 2 old house places in West Point to hunt the kettle and I have one here. I may go down to mine today for a bit.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Glad you're making headway on the cleanup. Looks like Rusty the arsonist is rubbing off on you... :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

QUOTE=WannaDig3687;6465808]Well the MR read my post and hooked me up with the battery powered limb saw. He made it as short as possible. So, yesterday we got the "cellar" mostly cleaned out. He started a fire at the base of this big catalpa tree that fell over. I sawed the limbs and threw them up to the side and he tossed them on the fire. Then, we started on the catalpa tree itself. We got quite a bit done before the storms came. Today, my son, is coming over to work on it. We should be able to get some big stuff taken care of today. That said, I should sign off and get ready. Ya' all have a Blessed Day![/QUOTE]

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning GB. Have you been out diggin?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rook it was the summer of 83 and I was 13...it was a brutally hot summer and I used to walk about a mile to a swimming hole on the oceanside of the island (we lived on the bay). There I would meet the rest of my friends and fish and swim and explore. So this one day I go down to the swim hole and wait and wait but no one ever shows ? So after waiting around and melting in the sun, I give up and start heading home. I decide to cut through a patch of woods to stay in the shade for the walk home. I had never been in this patch of woods and to my surprise there was an old trailer home rotting away back here in the woods. Well this was both scary and thrilling and I cautiously started to explore these ruins. It was dangerously rickety and I had to be careful not to step through the collapsing floor in places. After about a half hour detour here I was ready to leave. This trailer had a crawl space underneath it and lots of stuff was thrown up under the trailer for storage. Well something caught my eye and I started working my way up under this trailer to reach it. As I looked above my head for spiders there it was....wedged up on a floor joist was the largest chok full o nuts coffee can they made...the real big one !! I reached up to get it and could not budge it, it was full !! I wrestled this massive coffee can off the beam and out from under the trailer where I could open it...it had a wooden board for a lid and was sealed with waxed canvas. Well...it was by far the most silver coins I think I've ever seen at one time still to this day !! There was 30-40 pounds in that can !! I slowly started home like a beast of burden.....stopping every 100 feet or so to rest and shift the load. It took a long time to get it home but I did....I announced that this money was mine and I would be using it to buy my own candy when ever I wanted for the rest of the summer !! My parents freaked out and explained that I could have candy money any time I wanted !! It was truly an amazing cache of silver coins !! The newest was 1952 !! And I just remember my step mom spreading these coins all over the living room...stacking them in different stacks according to value and denomination. I think my father may still have some of this silver in his safe...I hope so !! I was rewarded with candy money for the rest of that summer and it was a sweet cache for everyone....and my first and best cache ever !!

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying some new 2X caffeine coffee.....not the best taste but it's got some pepp to it !

Blak,
I'm picturing intense eyes, hair standing straight out, and a bunch of Arrrgs.
2x caffeine. Remember Jolt?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning mateys, Bill, Bart, GB, Rook, . . . Not sure who is still on board.
It is a long swim this morning. Not there yet, but almost.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Rook it was the summer of 83 and I was 13...it was a brutally hot summer and I used to walk about a mile to a swimming hole on the oceanside of the island (we lived on the bay). There I would meet the rest of my friends and fish and swim and explore. So this one day I go down to the swim hole and wait and wait but no one ever shows ? So after waiting around and melting in the sun, I give up and start heading home. I decide to cut through a patch of woods to stay in the shade for the walk home. I had never been in this patch of woods and to my surprise there was an old trailer home rotting away back here in the woods. Well this was both scary and thrilling and I cautiously started to explore these ruins. It was dangerously rickety and I had to be careful not to step through the collapsing floor in places. After about a half hour detour here I was ready to leave. This trailer had a crawl space underneath it and lots of stuff was thrown up under the trailer for storage. Well something caught my eye and I started working my way up under this trailer to reach it. As I looked above my head for spiders there it was....wedged up on a floor joist was the largest chok full o nuts coffee can they made...the real big one !! I reached up to get it and could not budge it, it was full !! I wrestled this massive coffee can off the beam and out from under the trailer where I could open it...it had a wooden board for a lid and was sealed with waxed canvas. Well...it was by far the most silver coins I think I've ever seen at one time still to this day !! There was 30-40 pounds in that can !! I slowly started home like a beast of burden.....stopping every 100 feet or so to rest and shift the load. It took a long time to get it home but I did....I announced that this money was mine and I would be using it to buy my own candy when ever I wanted for the rest of the summer !! My parents freaked out and explained that I could have candy money any time I wanted !! It was truly an amazing cache of silver coins !! The newest was 1952 !! And I just remember my step mom spreading these coins all over the living room...stacking them in different stacks according to value and denomination. I think my father may still have some of this silver in his safe...I hope so !! I was rewarded with candy money for the rest of that summer and it was a sweet cache for everyone....and my first and best cache ever !!

That's a great story Blak, what a cool thing to find, especially for a youngster.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This song is in loving memory of my oldest brother Ed who lost his courageous battle with leukemia last night. It's a relief he's no longer suffering.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I made it to the ship, but it looks abandoned . . . .
I'll be back in a bit, . That was a long swim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC