THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I when a teenager carried a sack on a lot of dates. Kept a fresh in my 68 RT Charger at all times.:laughing7:

OK Bill. Yesterday, while frying up bacon and cheesy eggs, I also started a sirloin tip roast in the slow cooker. Now I have to give you all the details, because I do actually cook. I am just not that good at it. Or should I say, it's edible, but not chef worthy. So, with the roast I put in a can of french onion soup, water, potatoes, carrots, and onions. I let it cook all day. Had reheated leftover pizza for lunch. Suppertime comes, the roast is excellent, juicy and tender. The veggies, however, were blah. Now we are supposed to have this leftover for supper tonight. What do you suggest I add to flavor up the veggies?

Gravy! l.o.l... If not fattening enough , more butter!
Them onions are just going to pout. Mushrooms can help but outside of morels and portabello's (sp.) most mushrooms taste more like what they are cooked/sauteed with.
Taters usually are fine after such a cooking.
Carrots too.

Not sure of health and diets there at your place , seasoned salt without salt (ahh , ya, seasoning similar anyways) might help.
We run a pepper garlic powder. Well ,not really powder . "McCormick perfect pinch" line.
I'm a fan of fresh ground (med coarse) pepper (on a individuals plated serving at time to eat it time) to liven up a blah tater or veggie.

Toasted almond slivers go good on some things.(Green beans with garlic is one good example) A small dish and spoon allows sharing germs on the spoon ,and individual preference as to hom much goes where.

When unsupervised , I add a cup of strong coffee to roasts...

Last edited:
Yep
Worked at a Dodge dealer growing up. Learned a lot about. That how I wound up with the RT.

COMMUNIQUE FROM FLORIDA

Florida Gov deSantis has the Florida Highway Patrol stopping all vehicles with New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut plates on I-95 and I-75 and Louisiana plates on I-10 from entering Florida.
Other checkpoints inside the state are monitored by local county Sheriff Departments.
This in addition to the monitoring and enforced quarantine of those arriving at Florida airports.

Florida Gov deSantis has the Florida Highway Patrol stopping all vehicles with New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut plates on I-95 and I-75 and Louisiana plates on I-10 from entering Florida.
Other checkpoints inside the state are monitored by local county Sheriff Departments.
This in addition to the monitoring and enforced quarantine of those arriving at Florida airports.

I frigging like DeSantis so far.

Mississippi is last in everything else. I hope we stay last in this crap also.

Yep
Worked at a Dodge dealer growing up. Learned a lot about. That how I wound up with the RT.
Were a day to ever come what I would like to have is a 1968 Plymouth Road Runner 426 Hemi Dual Quad Cross Over 4 speed Hurst Line Lock
Crager Mags.Black exterior Black interior.SMOKE EM UP CITY.:laughing7:

I went with what I have on hand: black pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. When I told Mr WD that I was doctoring it up because the veggies were blah, he said, " Everything tasted fine yesterday. You were just tasting rum punch." :tongue3: I thought it tasted better tonight, but there was still a hint of the flavor I tasted yesterday. I believe it was the french onion soup. I am not used to eating that processed food stuff, and I think my taste buds rejected it.

Anyways, thanks for the tips guys. I guess when I get out and about, I need to stock up on better, wholesome ingredients.

I went with what I have on hand: black pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. When I told Mr WD that I was doctoring it up because the veggies were blah, he said, " Everything tasted fine yesterday. You were just tasting rum punch." :tongue3: I thought it tasted better tonight, but there was still a hint of the flavor I tasted yesterday. I believe it was the french onion soup. I am not used to eating that processed food stuff, and I think my taste buds rejected it.

Anyways, thanks for the tips guys. I guess when I get out and about, I need to stock up on better, wholesome ingredients.

Sis you are going to have to look up raised bed gardening,right outside the door you can put it,straw bales can be used and grow right into the bale,5 gallon buckets.You can grow all kinds of stuff going vertical in a small space.

Sounds like a great visit WD.

Mississippi is last in everything else. I hope we stay last in this crap also.

We have kin around Meridian.
I shouldn't badmouth a state , but sometimes parts of Mississippi are like an armpit! And their medical years ago was horrendous...One hospital was anyways.
And it's not because of the land that comprises the state that makes it bad...

Chris,

I agree lots of options available for compact gardening and with this virus crap going on not a bad idea to produce at least some of your food in case things get really crazy.

Sis you are going to have to look up raised bed gardening,right outside the door you can put it,straw bales can be used and grow right into the bale,5 gallon buckets.You can grow all kinds of stuff going vertical in a small space.

WD,

Smart thinking even most of the high end chefs tell you a recipe is just a guideline and to use whatever you like or have on hand.

Lots of the classic recipes were 2nd rate ingredients that they fancied up.

Here's an example a famous French recipe is coq au vin. Just a fancy name for a stewing hen or old rooster that they marinated and cooked in wine to tenderize it and make it edible. Next cooking lesson tomorrow grasshopper....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back