THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS...you also need a large stock of ice cream! ....run! :laughing7:

Tell ya what GAP, we'll take the rain off your hands, send it on over. Then you can get out side for a little adventure!
Auto correct is up and at now this morning.
Somebody hand me a tazar!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Aieehhhhhh! it's morning.
I mean , Arghhh! Mornin all.

Ummm , coffee.

Guy on the next road who's house I can glimpse bits and pieces of was shooting yesterday when I was cleaning out flower beds.
(My dogs just love that , not.)

While tempted to grab a few hundred rounds and warm up the AK , (hey ,it beats yardwork) I just returned a shot with my mini mag revolver that always rides in a pocket.
To my dismay the first hammer fall did not touch off the priming compound due to striking the outermost edge ,barely enough to scratch it....The next round fired.
I recall discussing it with a gunsmith before he retired and he said the priming compound is in the edge of the rim. It's always fired for me though.

I pulled the bullet on the bad strike round and priming compound was a layer on the bottom. Which was a suspicion/confirmation from reading of cutting the tips off strike anywhere matches ,making a paste and repriming spent .22 brass. An even layer is the goal.
Of course when chambering a previously struck rimfire brass the former firing pin strike must not be aligned with the pin as it created a high spot where priming compound will be thin,or missing...

Anyways , I don't want to heat the hammer to bend it. And don't own a welder or I'd build onto the hammers thin end on the lower side and file it to fit and bite more. of a rounds rim.. I'll check other brands rims eventually to see if some are a couple millimeters greater in diameter , but this hammer has always been near the edge. Cylinder design and notches to hold it between two rounds to carry mean tight tolerances.
Might have to just drag a bigger revolver around instead for now.
If you see a guy wearing/dragging a saggy fanny pack, don't laugh too hard. He's tryin...

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning mateys
The sun is shining this morning 😁

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giggle...sorry Cap'n...:laughing7: just a bit of pent up laughter...giggle...uh hmmm..I'm done..now, I think.:laughing7:

Good morning Idaho, it's great when the sun shines in the morning.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll get you a fanny pack bumper sticker "my other guns a cannon!"

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rook,

Some people use the barn wood to make mirror frames or frames for paintings. Something to consider.

Oh, just starting my project list. I've got lots of barn wood that's needs to be made into something. Send ideas to Gifs, Pics and more.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to find the charger for this thing.
I will be sliding off the ship for a swim...leaving the device and charger in the ship this time. :dontknow::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all this self isolation stuff going on time for a tune how most of us must be feeling these days.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beeps,

Sounds like the medical tech was a real hack....even without the virus, the protocol is supposed to be much more sanitary.
When I go for blood tests. The nurses wear surgical gloves and swab the entry point with alcohol and put on a bandaid with gauze after stabbing me.

The last time I went for my annual blood tests I had a male nurse and he kept asking me if I was ok....after the 2nd or 3rd time I looked him straight in the eyes and told him heck I'm married I'm used to taking abuse.....We both had a good laugh after that line.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

The adventure out for the EMG was a real doozie!
The guy had a set of electronic tools that looked straight out of a Barbie set. Mini tangled wires laying all over the place, hooked up to a lap top, and a tazar! Yes I was tazed!:laughing7:
He wore no gloves or mask, and did not alcohol wipe the areas of my skin before he jabbed the electrode in several areas, never wiped the blood away after.
I whipped out the alcohol spray and can of Lysol and took care of business!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rook,

Just thinking since you metal detect you could probably make some nice display cases for finds using the barnwood as frames. It would give the case a nice antique look. Use them for yourself, give them away as gifts or even sell a few to make some extra spending money.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m going to do a few chores and Re-Detect 6 acres again. Neighboring property so will be well within the stay close to home order.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MetalArch,

The brand is CuisineArt combo airfryer and convection oven. Still learning the ropes but yeah you get the crispiness of deep fried without all the extra fat and calories.

I looked it up. Looks like a few models. Which one you got? Can you give me a model number off of it please? I’m all about word of mouth. Anyone else have an air fryer?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since we are trying to stretch out our supermarket trips these days. I've been freezing veggy offcuts and peel and this afternoon made a stock.

Then chopped up some onions, carrots, celery and sauteed in some oil it's a little trick to bring out the flavor before adding to the soup pot. Chopped up some green cabbage and we'll scrounge some odds and ends from the freezer to round it out.

Later I'll be firing up a fresh batch on fermented sauerkraut. We've got about 2 quarts off red cabbage perking away, however, from start to finish it's about 6 weeks so gotta plan a bit ahead not to run out.

Attachments

• DSC02972.JPG
    DSC02972.JPG
    607.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02996.JPG
    DSC02996.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 31

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions