THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....I may have crossed the line yesterday. For 2 years a customs and border patrol chopper has been tasked with surveillance on our wood lot. I have no idea why....and doubted they were actually watching us. Every week at least once a week they will circle low with all there little PTZ cameras scanning us. Well yesterday was the last straw in our helicopter debate. I said to my partners girlfriend (who babbles about choppers following her) your crazy this chopper is monitoring something else close by. I told her that on the next pass I'm gonna drop my drawers and moon them. So I did...for a long time I slapped my lily white arse with both hands and pants around my ankles. To my shock and surprise they are surveilling us !! This chopper came to treetop level and hovered directly over me filming me. I got pretty tired of slapping my arse for 2 minutes and finally pulled my drawers up and gave them the double bird !! Immediately it turned pointed west and took off at full speed !! They know that we know that there watching us now !! Not to sure what it's all about but the ball is in there court now.....f**k em !!

Well,

for our eyes sake, let's pray that doesn't get put on YT! :tongue1:

Seriously though,

That's scary stuff. I hope it gets straightened out so they quit violating your privacy.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turkey season ended two days ago.

That thar's no turkey! That thar's a tresspasser! And everyone knows that all trespassers will be *shot*! Heckfire! It might even be a revenooer!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Whadi, this forum is part of the treasure hunting site. I think it is good to ask/talk here. It helps me learn. I have no one that can come over and teach me. I can read. I can watch videos. But that is not how I learn best. I am one of those hands on learners. But little tidbits here and there do help.

All ground is not a like. Your ground may be more mineralized than mine. Our ground in considered mild mineralization. And too make sure you are not ground balancing over a piece of iron. For more imfo I would read the Garrett manual. They could probably help you more than I. I think they have a hot line.

Thanks guys, you did help. Although I probably know as much as anyone on this. And have read/viewed just about everything. It's still best to get words from people who have actually *done* the work.

I was just unsure of how different the mineralization was from place to place. I *should* know that by now but just get confused easier nowadays. I still don't really understand how manually tuning to plus or negative side makes a difference. It'll give me something with which to study.

Thanks for your help!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's what I suspected. But 70!?!? Ya see? I'm almost always working around 90! Maybe that's why I'm not finding deep.

What makes you move it up one, instead of...say...down one? :icon_scratch:

Mild, move it up. Hot soil move it down one or stay at the same GB. Your owners manual explains in detail. A lot of machines are different and the owners manuals usually explain this process.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mild, move it up. Hot soil move it down one or stay at the same GB. Your owners manual explains in detail. A lot of machines are different and the owners manuals usually explain this process.

Thanks again! I have read *everything* Garrett has on the subject. Including the manual.
I'll figure it out.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD, GB, WHADIFIND and bart

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Running a little late today. I haven’t had a garden in 12 years. So this is a true chore for me. I’m planting a bunch of peas, squash, okra and sunflowers for the bees and other critters.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, WHADI.

I get this feeling you are like me when it comes to learning. You need someone right there by your side explaining everything.

Are you a blond, too? :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread