THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR,

I had read that the 600 is a turn on and go machine. Maybe a few less bells and whistles than the 800 but you get most of the benefits without the steep learning curve or hefty price.

I can go with that. I watched Calabash Diggers test garden, and I found out my MXT can't find diddly squat below 8 inches. It's an old detector, but still.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RR,

I had read that the 600 is a turn on and go machine. Maybe a few less bells and whistles than the 800 but you get most of the benefits without the steep learning curve or hefty price.

Most machines today have G.B. tracking but to get that extra depth in my and others opinion it's not a bad idea to manual ground balance. An inch in depth makes a lot of difference treasure hunting. That's a good machine you've chosen.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... He’s a friendly snake...
On the subject of friendly snakes...
Last Friday my grandson let the dogs out, left the sliding glass door open, then went to his room to continue playing video games.
From under his closed door, a black snake slithered out, raised up, giving him the eye.
Grandson freaked out, and my daughter came to his aid, seeing the 3 1/2 foot black snake go under his bed as he made a mad dash out the door grabbing a shovel and the chase was on to no avail for a fast and evasive snake. Finally they got our next door neighbor to capture it in a pillow case , who took it to his yard and set it free.
When my wife arrived home after shipping at Walmart, we were greeted at the car with an excited grandson spilling out his adventure.
I went to thank my neighbor who burst out laughing, retelling his version of a three ring clown time snake encounter.
Yes, indeed, he was friendly snake.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rook. Hi, ECS, Wordtalker, RR, Bill, RTR, Duckshot.

Sounds like you are happy with your choice of detector RR.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Msbeepbeep

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only friendly snake is one pushing up daisies:tongue3:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Guess I'll go down to the local fortune teller to see what the forecast is for Monday. No rain today.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,you there ?
Read 1/2 down this page > https://www.joshuagates.com/
10/9/19 @ 9 PM ....:) 1715 Fleet
I'll be watching roger. Maybe my friend Bradley Williamson will be on with him....hes been on a few shows with Josh and is a first rate treasure finder !!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Adam and Eve: First people to ignore Apple terms and conditions.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tomorrow is Perryville Preparedness Day. Charge camera batteries, bring SD cards, Tripods, print maps, research the battle, find permission addresses, and wait impatiently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread