THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have about 40 days from when I cut that tree.
Nitrate is the common ingredient in stump remover. Or was.
I won't state another use for nitrate that may have reduced stump removal compounds containing nitrate.
But your chicken yard earth will produce it when coaxed out of the soil too. Kinda like brewing coffee from grounds. Then removing the water.

So salt hurts stumps. By eventually getting into the roots and making them weak.
Boring holes will speed the process up. Holding the salt and getting it nearer roots faster. How much faster I'm not sure . Once dry the wood /roots break easier.
I bumped one that had aged enough with a borrowed box scraper by accident that popped completely loose. (Over a dozen or more years since cut.)

Just cutting the surface into a crude grid and keeping moist dirt or compost on it will help too.

IF I get the proposed polebarns footprint cleared before the contractors start prepping for concrete (there should be enough time) Then I'll start on that biggest stump.
It's just inches off the floors footprint.
Right where any concrete apron would begin in the front.
I heard (maybe played) with a certain solution.
Farmer's dynamite?
Something do with a sack of fertilizer, can of 🚜 fuel, primer of sorts 🤔.
Was there a CIL stick involved.😁

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard (maybe played) with a certain solution.
Farmer's dynamite?
Something do with a sack of fertilizer, can of 🚜 fuel, primer of sorts 🤔.
Was there a CIL stick involved.😁
That's restricted now too. (Ammonium nitrate.) As it should be for some.
Made some blown ponds though. Potholes for ducks. And probably loosened a stump or two.

Stump remover used(es) potassium nitrate.

Poultry litter contains organic nitrogen, ammonium, and a small amount of nitrate1. The inorganic nitrogen can be immediately used by plants1. All of the inorganic nitrogen, including ammonium and nitrate, is readily available to plants2. However, if litter lays exposed on the soil surface, considerable ammonium may be released to the air as ammonia gas2. Ammonium worked into the soil is subject to nitrification, which is the rapid conversion to nitrate2
[All of the inorganic N, ammonium-N (NH4-N) and nitrate-N (NO3-N), is readily available to plants. However, if litter lays exposed on the soil surface, considerable NH4-N may be released to the air as ammonia (NH3) gas. Ammonium worked into the soil is subject to nitrification (rapid conversion to NO3-N)]

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's restricted now too. (Ammonium nitrate.) As it should be for some.
Made some blown ponds though. Potholes for ducks. And probably loosened a stump or two.

Stump remover used(es) potassium nitrate.

Poultry litter contains organic nitrogen, ammonium, and a small amount of nitrate1. The inorganic nitrogen can be immediately used by plants1. All of the inorganic nitrogen, including ammonium and nitrate, is readily available to plants2. However, if litter lays exposed on the soil surface, considerable ammonium may be released to the air as ammonia gas2. Ammonium worked into the soil is subject to nitrification, which is the rapid conversion to nitrate2
[All of the inorganic N, ammonium-N (NH4-N) and nitrate-N (NO3-N), is readily available to plants. However, if litter lays exposed on the soil surface, considerable NH4-N may be released to the air as ammonia (NH3) gas. Ammonium worked into the soil is subject to nitrification (rapid conversion to NO3-N)]
Well you just need to get a few pails from the local egg producer.
Render it down on the kitchen stove, (not while you're making dinner)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.ba1a2ec5456b41322caafe01e91633c6
Wonder if that umbrella 🌂 has a hook for a handle? :angel12:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had surgery this morning to install mesh. Dilaudid is wearing off and feeling like crap
From having a couple dozen major surgeries.
I was told early on by the plastic/reconstruction surgeon not to drink.
Well the 3rd operation the 🌶 tied one on.
Had the doctor look at the hand, surgery was a success.
"EXCEPT YOU GOT DRUNK ONCE"
To this day 45 yrs later those words test my soul.
Why do say that?
Dr: Well your 7 days behind in your healing.
Every time one drinks it sets the healing back seven days.
Thank goodness the world had good drugs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions